Bura update and one good turn deserves another.

Finally got thru to Pala and spoke on the phone. Bura is in Bir Hospital getting tests and getting fattened up for the operation. Pala has been out to see him a couple of times. Bura knows that he's covered by Pala. What he doesn't know yet is that he's covered by generous and fine men from all quarters of the world. He'll find out today or tomorrow.

The Bura fund topped $4000 this AM and I expect by the time the checks arrive and it's all said and done we'll hit the $5000 mark.

We can't adequately express our gratitude but Pala has made this offer. Anybody who contributed anything to the Bura fund can buy a khukuri of their choice for 1/3 off regular. Pala was prepared to foot the entire cost for Bura's treatment and is overwhelmed at the kindness and generosity of the forumites and he wants to put something back. So, if any of you fine fellows want a khukuri for 1/3 off regular price -- anything we have in stock -- email me.

And don't be bashful. Everything has to balance. And, I've got a kothimoda and a Berk Special and a few chitlangis that we are itching to pack and ship away. Email me to make the deal and get a little payback for a very good deed.

Many thanks again from all of us to the best of the good guys.

I'm proud to be associated, however distantly,

with a group demonstrating such outstanding character,

top to bottom, one and all.

You mentioned the Kami's were praying for good fortune for Bura and those who helped. I was looking for a beater truck and one just dropped into my lap.

munk

Just my 2¢, and certainly not intended to influence anyone else -

I can use all the prayers I can get at present. If they go well, the usual PGAs will more than suffice, and seeing Bura well will supply enough karma to cover anything else. Bura, hang tough.

Great stuff and thanks.

As best as I can tell the tumor is behind Bura's ear. The docs at Bir seem to have very high hopes they can get it out and Bura will be okay. But a few extra prayers will not hurt a thing.

And Dean, I couldn't agree with you more.

Alow me a moment to drool at the mention of the Berk Special. That is THE rig!

Blessings sent for Bura...Volund wards his own.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

No discount for me, Bill, that "widow's mite" I sent doesn't merit it. But what good news to read, today of all days when it is the most welcome! Let me add my thanks to all you heavy hitters out there, you were helping Bura but you've done wonders to encourage this forumite as well, just by an example of good-heartedness.

best wishes all,

Stephen

Checks came today which put us at about $4600. We are going to make the $5000 and perhaps a little more thanks to such great consideration and generosity. If there is excess it will go into the BirGorkha Social Services Fund. This is money we use for life's emergencies that the kamis, sarkis and all of us encounter from time to time. Bura would more than have depleted the fund so thanks to the great forumites here we will still have enough to take care of the slivers of steel in the eye, cuts that need stitching, difficult childbirths, TB attacks, and all the rest of the stuff that comes down.

Pala can't believe this and I'm sure Bura is going to be overwhelmed when he learns the news. Remember, each of you who contributed gets it back in infinite terms, not the fourfold mentioned by Jesus, or the tenfold mentioned by my guru, or the thousandfold I speak of sometimes -- but in infitite terms. The deed goes to that same place where prayers go -- endless, timeless, all knowing and infinitely just.

Had a doctor's appointment today that I had been dreading for a month - seems I had a mass in my abdomen that I had convinced myself was a tumor. Spent the last couple of weeks contemplating benign/malignant-operable/inoperable-contained/metastasized; life insurance/will; bury/cremate; codicil to will/individual bequests. Fun stuff like that.
BWAHAHAAH! I have a freakin' HERNIA! Need to make an appointment for outpatient surgery when least inconvenient in the next month or so, set aside a week to recuperate and take painkillers. (Sex and rock-n-roll optional`:D ).
The spray effect from being around so many prayers is truly awesome!

Originally posted by munk
I was looking for a beater truck and one just dropped into my lap.

Oh, that sounds painfull!

Originally posted by Berkley
I have a freakin' HERNIA!

Here's something you don't hear every day, but - glad to hear you have a hernia, Berk! (much better than the other possibilities you were thinking of)

MO is on the way this morning.

Uncle Bill, through you I have come to know the kamis as fine craftsmen and as friends. Receiving news that Bura is fine will be all the thanks I need.

Andrew Limsk

Can you imagine the look on Bura's face when he hears from Pala what you guys did for him? That would be something to see ;)

The truck was painful...I'm thinking Berkley got the hernia when he pulled it off me.

munk

Had a doctor's appointment today that I had been dreading for a month - seems I had a mass in my abdomen that I had convinced myself was a tumor. Spent the last couple of weeks contemplating benign/malignant-operable/inoperable-contained/metastasized; life insurance/will; bury/cremate; codicil to will/individual bequests. Fun stuff like that.

Great news Berk!! well, that it wasn't something serious that is:D I guess a hernia not the greatest thing to have but beats the hell out of a tumor! I've had some false alarms medically myself--there's nothing like getting the good news after your mind has travelled down those dark roads:)

Kmark, I'm with you. Bura is not going to believe this.

Berk, I can certainly sympathize.

My latest adventure went like this. Friday AM the nurse practioner told me my ekg was "not like last one." When I asked for a best guess he said, "looks like left side of your heart is getting clogged up again."

All weekend to consider this.

Then Monday AM cardiologist calls. "Got to get you in for an angiogram right away. This is not something we want to mess with."

Monday until Wed. noon to ponder the outcome.

The worrying and wondering can be real hell if you allow it to get to you.

Lucky for both of us things turned out as well as they did.

Back