Burial Knife

David Nowlin

Gold Member
Not trying to be morbid or depressing but has anyone ever thought of being buried with one of your favorite knives?
My 60th b-day is this Saturday and whew i'm miles over the hill and picking up speed so the thought just came to me.
For sure i would at least like my veiwing to include one of my nicest buck knives displayed just wondered which one any of you would choose?

Not trying to be morbid or depressing but has anyone ever thought of being buried with one of your favorite knives?
My 60th b-day is this Saturday and whew i'm miles over the hill and picking up speed so the thought just came to me.
For sure i would at least like my veiwing to include one of my nicest buck knives displayed just wondered which one any of you would choose?

Probably would if it wasn’t against my religion. Honestly though it would be pure vanity.

Atleast do something cool like have it sticking straight up out of your chest at an open casket.

My family has a tradition of putting the departed's favorite knife in their pocket just before the lid is closed.
I'll be taking at lest five with me.
A Buck 110 on my belt, (I told them I want to be wearing pants ... and shoes and socks.) the Buck 301 Forum Knife, a Case 62131CV Canoe, a Barlow, and one of my Scout knives.
I'm also going to take a rod 'n reel and a takedown recurve bow and some arrows.
If there is no fishing or hunting ... is it Heaven?

Probably would if it wasn’t against my religion. Honestly though it would be pure vanity.

Atleast do something cool like have it sticking straight up out of your chest at an open casket.

It would be better than sticking out of your back...

My family has a tradition of putting the departed's favorite knife in their pocket just before the lid is closed.
I'll be taking at lest five with me.
A Buck 110 on my belt, (I told them I want to be wearing pants ... and shoes and socks.) the Buck 301 Forum Knife, a Case 62131CV Canoe, a Barlow, and one of my Scout knives.
I'm also going to take a rod 'n reel and a takedown recurve bow and some arrows.
If there is no fishing or hunting ... is it Heaven?

If you put all of that stuff in there, they'll have to put you in a gunny sack....:D

Oh yes. I've given my wife instructions. Old Buck custom shop Bowie from the Buck archives. My most prized Buck
Or
More than likely pass the Bowie on to one of my kids and carry a 119 in the ground.

And i actually thought about the sticking it out the chest scenario.
Friend of mine was veiwed in jeans leather belt large belt buckel (did rodeo as a younger man) and a lumberjack style flannel shirt and his John Deere hat. I thought that was nice. Not sure if he had his knife?

no. where I'm going, when it's my time, which is in the ground.......it's a waste of a good tool that is better served with the living. too each their own though.

Nope. I'm leaving everything behind. I'll probably give all but two or three of my knives away over the next twenty years, too. Or I might sell them and spend the money on fun things to do with family and friends. Or donate the money to my favorite causes. Same with my firearms and motorcycle and extra fishing tackle, and so on. By the time I hit 70, I won't be doing anything besides travelling, working horses, and ballroom dancing (which is about all I do now, anyway!)

And I'll probably donate my body to a science lab, too. It'll give those med students something to practice on.

Zieg

Nope. I'm leaving everything behind. I'll probably give all but two or three of my knives away over the next twenty years, too. Or I might sell them and spend the money on fun things to do with family and friends. Or donate the money to my favorite causes. Same with my firearms and motorcycle and extra fishing tackle, and so on. By the time I hit 70, I won't be doing anything besides travelling, working horses, and ballroom dancing (which is about all I do now, anyway!)

And I'll probably donate my body to a science lab, too. It'll give those med students something to practice on.

Zieg
Yes but what’s your plan???

Lol :):D:p

1st of all, you'll find out that turning 60 ain't sh*t. I've got friends in their late 80's and a couple of them have great grandkids in college!
Secondly, when it happens (like it will for all of us) - it's gonna be your party so do what you wanna do.
I'm planning on having not only a knife or two with me, but also a rod and reel, a couple of cigars, a flask with Makers Mark in it, and a handgun in the small of my back and I don't even have a carry permit! I'm gonna have 'em play "They Call Me The Breeze" by J.J. Cale.
OG

Yes but what’s your plan???

Lol :):D:p
You think it's a bit rough around the edges? Maybe I need to fill in some blanks. How about whatever I don't sell or give away has to melted down to make an abstract statue of me? And then someone will be tasked with smuggling it into the Hirschorn sculpture garden.

Zieg

And i actually thought about the sticking it out the chest scenario.
Friend of mine was veiwed in jeans leather belt large belt buckel (did rodeo as a younger man) and a lumberjack style flannel shirt and his John Deere hat. I thought that was nice. Not sure if he had his knife?

Sounds like he went out in style.

Back