1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Waki Project

Discussion in 'The Huntsman Knife Company' started by Huntsman Knife Co., Jan 24, 2017.

1. ATJ999

ATJ999 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    That is awesome! Perfect pairing with the Bush Waki! Right now my favorite combination for clearing brush on the property is one of my 3V Brush Swords and my Carothers light chopper or Busse Basic 10. Great combo, Brush sword for the blackberries and thorny bas!^*rds, and chopper for the bamboo, de-limbing trees, and processing fallen trees. Would love to try The Bush Waki and Tyrant Bowie!!

2. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Very interested in a 3V version:thumbsup::cool:

Mink likes this.
  3. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Yep. Hope this sees the light of day eventually.

4. Mink

Mink Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Not to mention the Tyrant Bowie and Kukri.

5. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I was talking about the kukri, following the post above. The Tyrant Bowie is also tempting, but the kukri is the one that really appeals.

6. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    :thumbsup::D

7. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    Me too. The Kurki, Tyrant Bowie, and Bush Waki have presented serious challenges for production. I've only been able to make a prototype for the Tyrant Bowie which turned out really cool but still a far cry from the planned production model. Once I find a machine shop willing to work with me, these designs will be produced. They are all so large that I can't grind them by hand in any quantity. In fact, they're so large that even shops with massive CNC mills don't want to mess with them.

I'm talking to a shop in Lexington that produces aerospace and naval components. They may be willing to take on the projects. Making a 13in blade can't be that hard compared to machining a freaking naval cannon :eek:

TommyGun56 and Mink like this.