"Busse Big Five"

So of the 5 lines the models would be

1. The original SHBM. Timeless classic and the first.
2. The original SHBM, great do it all knife.
3. The original SHBM, packable and light.
4. The original SHBM, does small jobs well
5. The original SHBM, great kitchen knife.

Those would be my picks. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: HaHa! you are killing' me, Cobalt!

For my part:

NMFBM
FBM
Forsaken Mistress
AD
Forsaken Team Gemini

And yes, I love all my mistresses. Unfortunately I still miss ASHBM & SHBM. If I will sometimes grab em, they will be definitely on my “top five” list. :)

I think you and Cobalt have a bit in common!

my list is of top five classic lines is very close to the OP:

Battle Mistresses
Natural Outlaws
Steel Hearts
Jacks
Streets

nydude, that is a solid list and I get the change of the Badger for the Jack. TOTALLY in the spirit of the question and original post and one can definitely go either way. Jacks and Badgers are kinda like NO's and SH's - very similar in spirt and function. Kinda the same niche, but a different flavor of an answer. Heck, if it were a Busse Big Six, I woulda probably gone there, myself, with both like I did NO's and SH's in my Five! :thumbsup::)

nydude, that is a solid list and I get the change of the Badger for the Jack. TOTALLY in the spirit of the question and original post and one can definitely go either way. Jacks and Badgers are kinda like NO's and SH's - very similar in spirt and function. Kinda the same niche, but a different flavor of an answer. Heck, if it were a Busse Big Six, I woulda probably gone there, myself, with both like I did NO's and SH's in my Five! :thumbsup::)

Ha! Always something right! They're all great. Not sure why I never got into Badgers. I bet if I picked up a beater BTAC I'll be posting about how great it is after a couple months. As for the original post, if it was top six I probably would have added Geminis, which is a slightly younger design but has definitely become iconic.

Ha! Always something right! They're all great. Not sure why I never got into Badgers. I bet if I picked up a beater BTAC I'll be posting about how great it is after a couple months. As for the original post, if it was top six I probably would have added Geminis, which is a slightly younger design but has definitely become iconic.

I completely agree that TG's are now iconic and emblematic of Busse sharp things despite their not having the patina of the ages. HOWEVER, even with a Big 6, or Big 7 . . . or even a Big 20, I would never include the TG's. I just don't like them!! I have now revealed myself to be affected in my categorization of classic/iconic Busses by my personal taste; whereas my original idea of the Big Five was allegedly not based on my liking them so much as their being timeless model lines with long histories that fill every knife based need. I guess it just so happened that I love the model lines selected "objectively!" :D

(I understand why others love the TG. Mostly for me it is the double talon guard/quillon that I simply cannot abide. I used to like them, but really hate them now. The blade profile is just dandy. Hmmm. I do have me a nice grinder :rolleyes: . . . .)

For Zombies I would take these
GUcxM47.jpg

GUcxM47.jpg

Super nice collection of Antique Bronze and a very effective range of blades to cover any task. I’m envious!:cool::cool::cool:

Congrats & Well Done!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back