Busse customer service and guarantee is unbelievable !! Beware stripped and polished blades

Jetlau3

Gold Member
Just writing to share a recent experience with Jerry and an SFNO I purchased from a forum member .

about a month ago I purchased what I thought was a satin SFNO from NarrowPathProject NarrowPathProject . Disclaimer - I messaged member a few days ago but haven’t heard back so will disclose what happened here . He can chime in when he sees this .

I’ll add images of the saber grind SFNo from the sales thread later . Here is one seller sent me showing length . In retrospect should have triggered me thinking it was stripped because it was without logo and slightly longer so could have even been BG I guess . Regardless I asked at the time but some members mentioned was possible to order these sterile from the custom shop so I didn’t know . It was priced over $600

IMG_8914.jpeg

When I received the blade, noticed there was some rust, some pitting at the edge so contacted the seller and he sent me $50 to get the blade professionally sharpened . I used a rust eraser and threw it on my edge pro to touch up when I realized the edge was also curved slightly / rolled . Tried my best to capture here

image2.jpeg

Decided to ship it back to Jerry at this point .. long story short, heard from the man Wednesday . He said that this blade originally was coated and that someone stripped it and buffed it to a high polish but that during that process overheated the blade and destroyed the heat treat . Said it was junked and that he would have to destroy the knife .

Generously, was willing to offer me $450 in shop credit— which is more than the knife sold for originally . Thanks Jerry Busse Jerry Busse and team. I own 3 Busses, all off the exchange here, but will be looking at new models and looking forward to buying one new .appreciate you going above and beyond for a new customer that hasn’t even bought anything direct yet

As for the seller, I haven’t heard back yet after reaching out a few days ago but seems to be an upstanding guy. I’m disappointed I’m out $100 + shipping and still don’t have an SFNO but part of the blame was mine on diligence . If you knew about the blades condition or did the stripping, I would ask to be made whole on the difference . Also I see you have another SFNO for sale — also unsure if it has been stripped .. while you can see the Busse logo - it also looks faint .

Thanks to ironwagon ironwagon for selling me his BG Hell razor . Seems similar in size to the SFNO so will tide me over . I am still in the market for a Satin SFNO — just love this blade shape and size .

IMG_9112.jpeg

I'll definitely chime in on how awesome Jerry and Crew are. They are top notch and stand behind the amazing Busse warranty. The kind and generous offer he extended towards you is more proof of how much integrity and honor he has in his product! ;)

Sorry for your bad experience Jetlau. That was really stand up from Jerry to offer a credit. I also like the fact he did not wanted a bad blade out in the world, shows you how much he cares about his products.

Last edited:
Sorry for your bad experience Jetlau. That was really stand up from Jerry to offer a credit. I also like the fact he did not wanted a bad blade out in the world, shows you how much he cares about his products.
Man if all companies would act this way I guess we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between good and bad but BUSSE is bad a$$

Busse was, is, and always will be the gold standard that everyone uses to judge brilliant customer service.
Jerry has proven again and again that the Busse customer experience is second to none.

Most unfortunate - I have to say that for myself, and what I've seen, the crew round here does a really good job of looking out for the integrity of the X. There's a lot of strippers out there in the world, stripped quite a few myself, and, I junked one also which this is the one moment I've ever mentioned it, and never again, too painful. But, that's how we learn.
but damn.... didn't say it was a stripper? .... Well, I know how I hope it works out and everyone walks away cool and live another day.

🤔...
Well, at least it.. *was* ..an INFI SFNO & not a BG...otherwise my keyboard would be mouthing off something fierce, & Dave would be forced to lock the thread 😅
But dayum...buffed to destruction, so to speak, whatta dang shame. Sorry that happened to you. I wonder about the other buffed stripper the seller has listed, it's an even thinner angle @ the edge... (it does look less buffed, more of a complete stripper, so maybe not a prob?)
Jerry def hooked you up. Gotta love Busse for their CS 👌🙂👍👍

Jetlau3 Jetlau3

I’m so sorry to hear about the knife. I know how excited you were to get it and looking forward to getting it back from shop.

There is no question that Jerry and Busse combat are top notch !!!!! That’s really great how Jerry went above and beyond !!

I know you’re hunting for the SFNO. But if it’s the blade shape pulling you in. Maybe consider a NFNO ? Similar blade shape but completely different handle.

I've been thinking about a new camp knife for next year and this thread has me thinking about a Busse. With customer service like that, I don't think a fella could go wrong.

Really nice looking knives too.
Oh boy....the stories that have been told on Busse support? ... you aint got the time, and that's a shame.... but here's a quick one. Dude here, not mentioning names, got hise knife on his mower - he's mowing the lawn, goes over it, spits it out, totally fk's his mower deck, holes in it. Posted the story - Jerry comes across it say's "Send that here" .... He kept it for a trophy, sent the dude a brand new knife. Busse-1 John Deere-0 ~ but that's just the tip. One of the best I heard of was dude shooing one with a 50BMG on edge to try splitting a bullet.... Good stuff in the archives under this heading for sure.

Can't beat Busse.
But, man that stripper you bought, I can see it being taken too far, as it didn't even look like a stripper....
To me, a Stripper should be readily apparent like this Liberty Heart that I got from "Don't Drop It" - there's no doubt about this one and it's freakin awesome. Excellent edge here and no worries. He did a heckuva job without taking her too far.
That really is not cool that he didn't list that sfno as a Stripper -
Here's my Liberty Heart Stripper
Just sayin you can come out very nicely on strippers and not be hurt.
Screenshot_20231201_184004_Samsung Internet.jpg

it seems like it might have been SR101 and not Infi . Can’t tell but I thought the BG SFNOs were a bit longer than the INFI ones

Man, sorry to hear about this. Hard to imagine what whas done to blow a HT through stripping and buffing the blade.

Guess an added benefit of etching the logo on coated blades prior to stripping (besides looking cool) is that it makes it pretty much impossible to pass off as something else if it was ever sold, but generally when I go through the trouble to etch and strip a blade, I have no intention of ever selling it anyway.

it seems like it might have been SR101 and not Infi . Can’t tell but I thought the BG SFNOs were a bit longer than the INFI ones
Tough to tell, but Jerry usually leaves us a way to determine- the flats between the spine & plunge line on the BG's blade are wider than a Saber ground INFI SFNO

Tough to tell, but Jerry usually leaves us a way to determine- the flats between the spine & plunge line on the BG's blade are wider than a Saber ground INFI SFNO
Plus on some BG the Talon hole was smaller 🍺

Back