Busted my customized BK-9

Oof, that's rough, but nice save! It's a mini-Brute. A Brute-lite. A Brutelette. A Brutelette!!

I've got a question for you folks. The BK-9 in this thread and any BK-9 and other similar designs all seem to have a point that would be nearly impossible to stab or pierce anything with. Yet other chopper knives and large heavier knives do incorporate either a drop point or a clip point. What would you call what the BK-9 has, a spear point? And, why do you favor this so much that I see many similar big and small knives that use it?

I've got a question for you folks. The BK-9 in this thread and any BK-9 and other similar designs all seem to have a point that would be nearly impossible to stab or pierce anything with. Yet other chopper knives and large heavier knives do incorporate either a drop point or a clip point. What would you call what the BK-9 has, a spear point? And, why do you favor this so much that I see many similar big and small knives that use it?
you can sharpen the clip🤠

Very knice work!

IIRC it was Jerry Fisk who put an ever so slight (almost indiscernible) recurve in the BK5 for better performance.

Back