Buyer Beware!! Fake Domino on the Bay

I enjoy his ads. He writes he was ripped off by who he bought the knives from. He didn't know but they were clones, or fakes. Yet in another ad he portrays himself as a knife collector. WTF.

^^sounds like a professional con artist who knows how to pull at people's heart strings. This is the worst kind of person because it keeps me from waiting to help people who say this and are what they really say they are because I can't be sure if they are lying or not. Just like how I don't stop and help people on the side of the road anymore because criminals now use this scam to robb, rape, and murder you. Sad world we live in when we can't help one another for the fear of harm coming to us for doing good deeds

Recent feedback:

Spyderco was a fake, was very friendly at first but became angry, refunded. c***i ( 6 ) Apr-23-14 23:20
Spyderco C12GS Civilian Extreme S Serrated Knife G-10 Handle 4 1/8" Blade Length (#161276545254)

He is such a low life piece of garbage.
He was getting caught for the Domino's and now he's selling them as Sage 2s.

I might be off base here, in which case I will apologize upfront. It seems to me that somehow the Taichung made pieces are being stolen by someone that works for the company. The Southard knock off knife has convinced me that it was too good to be reverse engineered, in such a short time. These thieves have apparently stolen the CAD files of this knife and the Southard and are using it to somehow turn these things out. I can't readily explain it any other way. What is also interesting is that the knock offs of the Golden made pieces have taken much longer to get to where they are now (with the exception of the Para2 counterfeits). Something strange is going on.

I might be off base here, in which case I will apologize upfront. It seems to me that somehow the Taichung made pieces are being stolen by someone that works for the company. The Southard knock off knife has convinced me that it was too good to be reverse engineered, in such a short time. These thieves have apparently stolen the CAD files of this knife and the Southard and are using it to somehow turn these things out. I can't readily explain it any other way. What is also interesting is that the knock offs of the Golden made pieces have taken much longer to get to where they are now (with the exception of the Para2 counterfeits). Something strange is going on.
Rev while looking into something else I came across the mother lode of counterfeit distributors and they have these scrap metal fakes down pat. Cost per unit to the street hustler for a Military,about $15. It's buyer beware,these things look real!

Rev while looking into something else I came across the mother lode of counterfeit distributors and they have these scrap metal fakes down pat. Cost per unit to the street hustler for a Military,about $15. It's buyer beware,these things look real!

That sucks Tom, really disheartening. Bt I can't say it's a surprise to me. Friggin pot metal, fence post, mail box, and bicycle wheel alloy junk. :thumbup:

Agreed.

When the quality of fakes are surprisingly good, that raises a few red flags. It also makes it much more difficult to stop. It seems to me that Spyderco is the Rolex of Knives in that they are the most heavily targeted maker in terms of clones.

Additionally, recent history has shown us that people of loose morals can often steal not just physical parts, but documentation needed to produce a reproduction far closer to the original than normal reversing. Often companies are unaware of this for no fault of their own.

It's not fair to Spyderco and it's not fair to all of the good, honest people dedicated to the brand and what they stand for.

People like this seller are the polar opposite of this, and with people like this in the world, stopping illegal reproductions is a very difficult process.

It's got to the point that you're way ahead of the game, purchasing from an established Spyderco Dealer only!

^^^I sent him a few messages telling him what a low life I think he is for purposefully buying and reselling multiple fakes. He tells me he's a veteran and a parent and blah blah blah. I responded by saying that makes him even more of a low life if what he said is true and he disgraces veterans by claiming he is one. Just trash.

^^^I sent him a few messages telling him what a low life I think he is for purposefully buying and reselling multiple fakes. He tells me he's a veteran and a parent and blah blah blah. I responded by saying that makes him even more of a low life if what he said is true and he disgraces veterans by claiming he is one. Just trash.
I've been looking to buy a Harley and ran across a scam-er on Craig list claiming to be Military at Ft Sill and selling pay pal with u ship. Lol,when I emailed him back stating I could be there the next day with full price cash in hand and my trailer he stopped communicating with me. :)

The Spyderco Domino is currently in production and can be purchased on any number of legitimate websites for less than this guy was selling in his auction. Same for the Military.

Why would anyone want to risk the possibility of getting a fake knife when you could easily just purchase it from a reputable dealer?

I've been looking to buy a Harley and ran across a scam-er on Craig list claiming to be Military at Ft Sill and selling pay pal with u ship. Lol,when I emailed him back stating I could be there the next day with full price cash in hand and my trailer he stopped communicating with me. :)

I was selling a motorcycle last summer and someone claiming to be in the military was trying to scam me through paypal. I did a search on the phone number that I kept getting the texts from and found that the same number had been used in other similar paypal scam attempts. In all cases the person claimed to be in the military, but used different names and different reasons for not being able to meet in person. What a scum bag!

Back