Cadet X???

Okay, I thought I'd give it a bump, and ask if anyone has heard anything if a Cadet X is in the realm of possibility this year?

I keep hoping and praying, but will also consider kidnapping the first born of a certain Swiss business head with dire threats.

Haven't heard anything, but then that's not what I'm after so I wouldn't know anyways.

I definitely agree that the nail tool should be replaced with something else , though while I wouldn't hate scissors I'd much rather get an inline awl.

I'm always carrying a classic with scissors, and sometimes a leatherman squirt as well.

Go back to sleep and keep dreaming.

Otherwise, either get up and commission a custom build, or - if you don’t mind a small compromise - hunt down the next best thing that exists: a Voyageur.

There’s a Russian saying: pray for help, but keep rowing to shore.

This makes sense in a pocket tool, so I expect that sooner or later they will come out with one. Go back to the other thread where I posted the request form for Victorinox and post the link, here. Let's all bombard them, again. This needs to happen.

Done, first time.

• Proposed Cadet X
  • Proposed One Hand Trekker X; with a plain edge and a scissor to replace the saw --> more urban-friendly
  • Proposed Scale tools in Alox scales (this is the 21st century!)
  • Proposed offering nylon scales for user-replacement of Celidor as an option
  • Proposed a small blade made of Rc 60 steel, on models that have two blades, and deny warranty claims with bent or broken blades from prying

Haven't heard anything, but then that's not what I'm after so I wouldn't know anyways.

I definitely agree that the nail tool should be replaced with something else , though while I wouldn't hate scissors I'd much rather get an inline awl.

I'm always carrying a classic with scissors, and sometimes a leatherman squirt as well.

Love an in-line awl!

Done, first time.

• Proposed Cadet X
  • Proposed One Hand Trekker X; with a plain edge and a scissor to replace the saw --> more urban-friendly
  • Proposed Scale tools in Alox scales (this is the 21st century!)
  • Proposed offering nylon scales for user-replacement of Celidor as an option
  • Proposed a small blade made of Rc 60 steel, on models that have two blades, and deny warranty claims with bent or broken blades from prying
I don't really desire a Cadet X, but...I would truly love a One Hand Trekker X!!!

I don't really desire a Cadet X, but...I would truly love a One Hand Trekker X!!!

I get the allure of how thin the cadet is, but I cannot come to terms with no scale tools (the tweezers specifically). Thus I would very much like a waiter + scissors, as in a small compact. I would propose "bearded waiter" as the name :)

I get the allure of how thin the cadet is, but I cannot come to terms with no scale tools
That's how I was, till I realized I always had a classic with me for the T&T when I was carrying other non Vic pocket knives.

I still kind of felt that a Vic should just have them no matter what, but eventually tried a cadet and changed my mind.
Now I view the cadet just as I do a Scout or any other non Vic pocket knife and keep a classic in my pocket organizer.
I'm fine if the one pocket knife doesn't include it all.

A cadet x with the new nail file pattern like the executive and red alox is my dream.

I recently bought the Pioneer X and started carrying it as my edc knife. In daily life I don't need a saw, but scissors are great and I use them a lot. A Cadet X sounds very nice.

A couple of days ago I saw in another forum a "Cadet X" made by a member there. A fairly straightforward mod using Wenger scissors and a slightly modified Walker backspring. The result is excellent. It's just how I've imagined a production Cadet X to be like.

Gotta be quicker than waiting for Vic to produce a Cadet with scissors.

Gotta be quicker than waiting for Vic to produce a Cadet with scissors.

I’ve patiently waited for mods from 3 different modders, and while each time seemed to take FOREVER, you’re probably correct.

Hey Victorinox...I want my Cadet X!

Back