California Wildfires

Lived in SoCal for the past 20 years.
Drove past Monrovia and Duarte on 210 Fwy the other day. The air quality is the worst I've seen.
And they say it can get worst.....

Checking from Butte County CA, above Paradise. Been a crazy month here for fires. We had a lightening complex come through here almost a month ago. The Bear fire in the North Complex Fire blew up three weeks ago and it is still raising hell. Be safe everyone!
mm

Saw a thing on the weather channel about taping a HVAC filter to a fan to filter indoor air. Never occurred to me, but the store bought HEPA units are simply a fan and a filter. Might be useful with all the fires for indoor air.

Saw a thing on the weather channel about taping a HVAC filter to a fan to filter indoor air. Never occurred to me, but the store bought HEPA units are simply a fan and a filter. Might be useful with all the fires for indoor air.

I've often considered the use of frozen water bottles and fans to make an impromptu AC unit for cooling off. Never considered an impromptu HEPA unit, though. That might be worth looking into.

Make sure the controls on the fan are in the right place. I taped the filter to the front of the fan and it is not nearly as effective. Well it is effective at annoying me everytime I see it or use it but that wasn't the point

Back