Camillus Cuda Dominator

Try asking Darrel if all else fails. Bet he could do that.

I have learned, never say never with Darrel. He does like to surprise from time to time. Don't read anything into this, I am just saying Darrel has done some surprising stuff when least expected, nothing more.

I have learned, never say never with Darrel. He does like to surprise from time to time. Don't read anything into this, I am just saying Darrel has done some surprising stuff when least expected, nothing more.

Truer words have never been said about Darrel.

There was one for sale on these forums today.

EDIT: And I just checked. I see you got that one. Great score.

Yep! I'm stoked.

I really like the shape of the tanto on the Dominators. It doesn't look like Darrel ever made any similarly-styled tanto blades. I think a new Gunhammer with a stylized tanto would be just the ticket!

Man, I barely have any time these days, but I've been meaning to snap some pics of my Dominator and post them in this thread. It dominates!

Pics coming soon!

I have a Dominator thats been an EDC for years. I've been looking to get another for a while now and every time one comes on the market I just miss out. ;(

Hi Guys,
I have one on my desk as a matter of fact. Still like that knife. It was the Pre-HEAT knife!
Very few made.

I prefer the Robo Assist better than the current spring-pull type on the HTM knives. Any chance you could do that again?

The Dominator will always be a special knife in my collection and I would never part with it.

I bought it back in '06 for $140 and up to that point it was the most I had ever spent on a knife.

I picked the tanto version and while I'm not a big fan of tanto style blades, this is one of the few designs where (IMO) it actually looks better than the regular blade.

This one is A/O and has the leaf spring , it's really a great design.

JDP1998 - If you ever decide you are bored with that knife, let me know. It is one of the few production knives i would like to have.

There are pros and cons to the different assist systems. Personally, I still prefer plain manual.

There are pros and cons to the different assist systems. Personally, I still prefer plain manual.

Me too. Assisted just doesn't jive right with the wave draw.

[video=youtube;ZpDkzTr2Ooo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpDkzTr2Ooo[/video]

JDP1998 - If you ever decide you are bored with that knife, let me know. It is one of the few production knives i would like to have.

Will do....
I agree about assisted opening knives.
At the time it was a novelty, but also I'm bit of a geek when it comes to gadgets.
The robo assist is an interesting one for sure.

Hi Guys,
I have one on my desk as a matter of fact. Still like that knife. It was the Pre-HEAT knife!
Very few made.

I always remembered them being released at the same time as the Camillus Heat. Are you referring to the pre-production versions?

Back