Camp Knife Build

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    Hmm, I don’t have a lot of experience with handle butts that low, should be interesting - what ever you think would work best is fine. I would request the concrete texturing treatment; that always looks good. Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    I was thinking a lower ride to clear a pack. Maybe some unobtrusive attachment points for lashing too, we'll see.

Sounds good on the concrete texturing:thumbsup:

trevitrace and Melvin-Purvis like this.
  3. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    20200903_160933-01.jpeg

20200903_160717-01.jpeg

TPVT, Pàdruig, Crazy Canuck and 2 others like this.
  4. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    20200903_164451-01.jpeg

TPVT, Pàdruig, Creaky Bones and 2 others like this.
  5. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    IMG_20200903_170006_156-01.jpeg

6. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    These camp knives are beautifully designed and executed. Everything just flows naturally. Great work John @Redmeadow Knives !

Congratulations to the new owners!! :thumbsup: :cool:

Phil

7. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Phil, I appreciate it!

20200903_160406-01.jpeg

8. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    WOW! 'tis a thing o'beauty, they both are! :cool:

If this keeps up, Jared and I are going to end up bonded as brothers in the Clan of the Cowbell...

Mack likes this.
  9. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    lol Sheldon, you have a point there. Great minds think alike, and all that. ;) :D

Interesting idea, I like it. :cool: If I'm carrying a pack for any length of time, I generally strap my knife to the belt of the pack, for that exact reason. Can't really strap a pack over your belt if there's a knife in the way.

I'm onboard with both of these thoughts too. :)

The knives look great John! :thumbsup:

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  10. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Now there are a couple of real nice functional looking knives, I like that Starry night micarta on the one. I have a little bit of brown and natural in the shop but haven't gotten around to using it yet.

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  11. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Scott, I appreciate it:thumbsup:

12. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    CrafsMan, you SteadyCraftin'? Does we need to send in the pulse checkers?

13. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Oh I's steady craftin, busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

As far as the knife world goes I finished etching 5 blades tonight, the 2020 Cowbell will be up for grabs this week (as soon as I sharpen it), I'm in the middle of designing sheaths for these Campers, mocking up a new 5" blade design, and patiently waiting the return of a 10 pound box I sent off for K&G stabilization.

In the non knife world, a paragraph about five times as long, it's been a productive summer round cheer!

14. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    So much awesome in this post!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

15. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Psst, camp knavs...

16. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    maxresdefault.jpg

TPVT, Redmeadow Knives and Mack like this.
  17. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Best kind of camping right there, when fires really matter.

Unfortunately I'll be out of pocket for a bit, I shall return. Sorry about the delay on the sheaths gents.

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  18. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Safe travels, we'll be here when you return. p.s. Edna and I once drove into a freak blizzard in the Trinity Alps of NorCal, having to pull into a closed campground for the night until the storm passed and the roads were cleared - you're not kidding about the "when fires really matter." part. Now I carry about five different fire starting methods when travelings; Bic lighters don't count... :eek:

Mack likes this.
  19. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Screenshot_20201031-000336_Textgram.jpg

I'm gonna give this sheath a go tomorrow and see how it feels on the hip before I finish out the other. I came up with some ridiculous designs but sometimes Less, is More;)
    20201030_230645-01.jpeg

20201030_230558-01.jpeg

20. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Well executed simplicity is the best way to go. You nailed on that one John. Well done! :thumbsup:

Phil