*Cancelled* Becker Rendezvous 2020

Jonny1280

Where’s the beer?
BECKER RENDEZVOUS 2020
May 15th-17th

Ethan Becker will be hosting a Spring gathering on the Nez Perce just outside Darby Montana.

Ethan will provide the dinner meal each night. Attendees will provide breakfasts and lunches.

His rules:
No moonshine

*I’ll update this thread with more details as they are provided.

Directions to event:
-From missoula head south on hwy 93
Through Darby

-Approx 2 miles south of Darby take Montana hwy 473 (West Fork road)
There will be a sign that reads "Trapper cr. Job core center".

-Take the 473 2.8 miles to Nez Perce rd.

-There will be a hayfield on the right and a sign on the left for BeckerWest.

-Oh, and if you run out of pavement, you went too far.

If you plan on attending please post here and I’ll update this thread with the list of names.

I’m in!
- Ethan Becker and friends
- 1066vik
- FALER
- Jonny1280
- Awesome-0
- Padruig
- NixKustoms, Jen, & Baby Odin
- Abrasion, Danny with a van
- TDhurl1033 (wishy-washy tentative)
- Makael (definite maybe)
- Mr. DavidCAndersen!

Last edited:
And this being a new location there will be questions which we won't know the answer to. Ask though, and we'll get an answer.

Ex. Can we shoot guns at the camping location?
I don't know, but if not I doubt we'll have to go far, It's Montany.

As I recall, there is no shooting "in" camp, but there is a nearby range.

Is the "no moonshine" rule specific to shine, distilled spirits above 120 proof, or a "no distilled spirits" rule?

Oh, yeah - if there's a way, I will be there. Putting in my leave request tomorrow.

I've put it on the calendar! My brother might be accompanying me as well.

Sounds like an amazing get-together.
And glad to hear Ethan will be there.

It is most likely I won't be able to make it, which I am sad about, but things change.
I sure have enjoyed the Beckerwest meet-ups that were so convenient for me.

Brome

Will there be RV parking? My wife would like to come with our newborn.

As it looks right now I'm going. I just don't know how many I'm bringing with me.

I always have the wildest dreams, vivid and in color, when I drink moonshine. Last time, my wife asked " what were you dreaming about last night ?" I told her I had no idea ! That was my story & I stuck with it !!! Lol

I do have about 200K air miles racked up....tho I may have a college student to retrieve around then. Like as not, it's a pipe dream - which are kinda like moonshine dreams, except with talking dolphins and sentient plant life...

Something Vick said in another thread got me to thinking about something Ethan said.
In regards to the dates of the event Ethan said, " Considering how far some people have to drive to get to this location, they are welcome to come early by a couple days and stay late a few days if they want."
I'm paraphrasing him but, the gist of it was, show up whenever and leave whenever. His concern being someone might decide not to come because of it being a long drive and the event dates being just 3 days.

Nate

Exactly. I'm planning on leaving home on the 12th. Hopefully I can make the drive in 2 days, get camp set up and catch up on some sleep before the official festivities start on Friday the 15th.

I think a few of us are going to carpool and/or caravan, I'd like to be there the morning of the 14th. That's some of the beautifulest country I've ever seen. Coming in from Washington to Missoula from the west (Nez Perce). I'm thinking of coming up through the south from Idaho, I wanna see those Sawtooth mtns.

I'm getting excited here.

Last edited:
I'm planning on driving across SD on I90 to get there and go home via I-15 and I 80

according to Google, it's 21 hours each way, so counting fuel and other critical stops, probably close to 46 hours round trip.
staying on I-90 will cost me some scenery and adds some miles -- but I get to miss that 168 mile stretch of US-212 that "causes" half the accidents in Mt.

Sounds like me and Awesome-O will carpool. Through Spokane into Missoula.
Looks like about 10 hrs for me.

Last I heard NixKustoms is looking into an RV for Jen and baby Odin.

That's the plan! As soon as someone can confirm that an RV will fit and be OK to bring I'll start looking into one. Jen really wants to meet Ethan, and the boy needs to start camping.

That's the plan! As soon as someone can confirm that an RV will fit and be OK to bring I'll start looking into one. Jen really wants to meet Ethan, and the boy needs to start camping.
I'll be seeking to find that info from the big man, I need to call him soon to get clarity on the directions to the site and ask a few other questions.

Back