"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I can't go for full-on carnivore, but the low-carb is working for me. Down 100 pounds so far in 10 months (320 to 220). :)

Wow, those are impressive results, not just the drop but also that you’ve been keeping it up for 10 months and counting. Kudos!

I’ve found that my body does best on a low-carb diet, too.

Me either, actually Dr. Berry was in great form and mentioned that it could be used as an elimination base diet, which is what I'm contemplating. Keep up the fine work/ conditioning !!!! I am always open and a student

FWIW, I’ve done the Whole 30 a couple of times and have found it an effective way to reset my eating (and food cravings) before adding back a few things to make it more sustainable.

Turned in my badges today, signed my final time card with the county. Feels weird and hasn't sunk in yet. 11 years with a department. Now time to kick butt in the classroom :thumbsup:. I wanna thank all the members here who have given me advice and encouragement! It is truly appreciated! This is why it's such a great place to hang out!

I can't go for full-on carnivore, but the low-carb is working for me. Down 100 pounds so far in 10 months (320 to 220). :)

Very impressive! I couldn't go completely carno either-like fruit and veg too much. With low carb I find kicking the bread addiction to be the most demanding:eek: I don't eat cakes, pastries, biscuits(cookies to most of you) or drink any soft drinks at all. But the booze is carb loaded and that's a big source for me:confused:

Turned in my badges today, signed my final time card with the county. Feels weird and hasn't sunk in yet. 11 years with a department. Now time to kick butt in the classroom :thumbsup:. I wanna thank all the members here who have given me advice and encouragement! It is truly appreciated! This is why it's such a great place to hang out!
Good luck on your next adventure, Taylor. :cool: :thumbsup:

FWIW, I’ve done the Whole 30 a couple of times and have found it an effective way to reset my eating (and food cravings) before adding back a few things to make it more sustainable.

Thank you and it is greatly appreciated !

Congratulations, Taylor !!!!!

I haven't bought a pair of moc toe work boots in 40 years. Those and Clarks crepe sole wallabies were all I wore in HS. Picked these up at Sears last week for 35% off. I've been wearing hiking boots so long now I found the 6" more comfortable than the 8" boot.
Moc%2520Toe%2520Work%2520Boots.jpg

Prester John Prester John that all sounds wonderful, but your daughter's lemon meringue pie takes the cake! I'm guessing there's none leftover, otherwise I'd plead for you to send me a slice. :)
Well, Greg, there is some left. Most of my children have moved out, being adults, so it was just my wife and two children left. I'm going to have another slice after my dinner (hot dog; had hamburger for lunch). Don't know if the pie would stay fresh if I sent it all the way to Californy, but if you was in town, I'd invite you over!

My wife is a great cook, and my daughter is following in her footsteps. She loves baking, especially. And I'm trying to lose weight. But it's a holiday, so I'm having a second slice. :)

Egads, Eli, how about that knife you have with the earthy, ebullient, effective, efficient, elderly, electrifying, elegant, elite, eminent, enchanting, enduring, energetic, engaging, engrossing, enjoyable, enthralling, enticing, entrancing, epic, esteemed, exalted, excellent, exceptional, exciting, exemplary, exotic, exquisite, extraordinary, extreme, exuberant, eye-catching, or eye-popping Edge?

Be Happy, Safe, and Free.
C1817E4F-4E12-45B9-9D67-B9CD603C25A2_zpskfkvwseb.jpeg

Enjoying the holiday. Grateful for our freedom.
Another great post Vince. :cool: Okay, now I really am going to bed. Goodnight all.

And I'm trying to lose weight. But it's a holiday, so I'm having a second slice. :)

It's always a holiday Vince - or, at the least, there is always something worth celebrating with two pieces of homemade pie :thumbsup:

Occasions to celebrate - for example - July 5
If that's not compelling enough - how about -
  • 1946 – The bikini goes on sale after debuting during an outdoor fashion show at the Molitor Pool in Paris.
Enjoy! :D

Ray

Well, I lost seven pounds last week and one pound this week.
I've already cut out butter, alcohol, and chocolate, so there's not a heck of a lot more to cut out. (I made some pressure cooker apple butter, and I've got hummus, and Bummel and Brown to rotate.)
So this morning I went back to my +/- 50 - minute walking loop of yore, walked harder, and did it in 47 or 48 minutes. I'm calling it 48 in case the 47 was wishful thinking.
I'll see about eating less of what I'm eating, and start doing something aerobic on my non-walking days: Tang soo do and Hung Gar basics, then reconstruct my forms. (One karate teacher is dead, and one has disappeared, but an old senior student is now a fourth dan still in business not too far away; maybe I'll finish that black belt someday and put it on my tombstone.)

Fascinating, huh?

These belonged to my late teacher. I'd like to say he gave them to me, but I think he sold them to me cheap. We had to adapt a tang soo do form for weapons as part of the black belt tests, and Dan had done something with the butterfly swords.
Meanwhile I'll play with these in Peter Coyote's South American nine directions drill.
GASJLaI.jpg

screened porch screened porch Cutting out butter, alcohol and chocolate .....:eek: There are no worthy substitutes:D Margarine is total poison and should never wittingly be consumed, soft-drinks suck (OK tea, coffee water, real fruit-squeezed yourself- juice all good;)) chocolate can be a super-food in moderation.

I drink it at night and it's pure cocoa 100% not that drinking chocolate artificial stuff-shudder! Mix with a little cream and stevia or sugar to make a thick oily paste, top up with boiling water add milk to taste. I like it but it's a bitter strong acquired taste.:cool:

Mind you, I need to move more, a damned idler sir!:D I'll get the bike out on Saturday.....

The Bummel and Brown is going on the corn-on-the-cob tonight; I don't use it much otherwise.
When I'm under 200 lbs, I'll moderate my abstemiousness. Until then, I'm resisting all the "just one/a couple/a few/ several drinks/chocolates/what-have-yous.

Amazon has a book on butterfly swords for $90. I thought it looked familiar, and there it was in my basement. I have a few books that would be worth a bit if I hadn't scrawled, stamped, and embossed my name all over them.
jsck9so.jpg

Back