"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Are you going for the Viking look again? :D
QUOTE - Jack Black - "I'm glad your axe arm is OK Charlie :) :D ;) :thumbsup:

R4NdmJM.jpg

I am not as ferocious as I used to be!!:rolleyes::D

From what I can see from the thread, it seems to be turning into a storm of self-pity at the moment! o_O :thumbsdown:

Maybe we can ALL hide in here until some of these people bugger off again, and sanity is restored :rolleyes:

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

From what I can see from the thread, it seems to be turning into a storm of self-pity at the moment! o_O :thumbsdown:

Maybe we can ALL hide in here until some of these people bugger off again, and sanity is restored :rolleyes:
Or we can ramble aimlessly??:confused:

Why does a knife marked "SCOUT", and having a caplifter/screwdriver, give one the warm and fuzzies?? Maybe it's like having a personal assistant at all times??:rolleyes:Scout 1.jpg Scout 1AA.jpg Scout .jpg

While it all can seem a little tedious, it is exciting for the nuggets of information and insight that occasionally pop up!!
I do appreciate great knife pics!! They should be required - say 20% of ones posts, must have a GOOD picture!!
Picture content:
One-arm Blade!!:DView attachment 1542969
Yes on the PICTURES REQUIRED !!! Do you remember when it was " Show a picture or it didn't happen " ????

Harry

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn’t find a better clip, but this whole episode is a jab at enthusiast communities and their attempts at exclusivity. Just a reminder that we should’t be like the Jellyspotters. [Spoiler alert in case you want to find and watch the whole episode: Kevin is a real jerk and it ends badly for him.]

While it all can seem a little tedious, it is exciting for the nuggets of information and insight that occasionally pop up!!
I do appreciate great knife pics!! They should be required - say 20% of ones posts, must have a GOOD picture!!
Picture content:
One-arm Blade!!:DView attachment 1542969
At first, I thought this criterion would bar me from future participation, especially with the emphasis on picture quality. :( But then I realized how subjective the goodness of a picture is, and I cheered up! :D I almost always post pictures that are GOOD enough for me!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Luckily I am well cured of knife-acquisition-syndrome so I don't care if I don't have enough post counts to qualify to buy another pocket knife. I still have a hundred or so I have not yet used up.

Since I guess I need a knife image: Here is one I bought with all intentions of using, but it was so pretty that the only thing it has done is pose for photos, like this one:

1ZcwTed.jpg

Last edited:
Back