"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Hope it shows up, Jer. Kind of like Groundhog day with that delivery.
Thank you.
Though this one I found in the basement is nice and thin:
G76xpe5.jpg

Maybe not the ergonomickest handle this side of the Pecos, but sometimes I think simple is ergo.
aK4Xkz7.jpg

Thank you.
Though this one I found in the basement is nice and thin:
G76xpe5.jpg

Maybe not the ergonomickest handle this side of the Pecos, but sometimes I think simple is ergo.
aK4Xkz7.jpg
Looks like a decent knife, Jer.
I had a similar find not too long ago. I purchased a Ken Onion worksharp, with the blade grinding attachment, and was looking around my basement workroom for some old knife to sharpen.
I found an old Utica 8" kitchen knife, Japan made. I sharpened it up and it's now in the kitchen knife block, and used regularly.
MurMdB8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a decent knife, Jer.
I had a similar find not too long ago. I purchased a Ken Onion worksharp, with the blade grinding attachment, and was looking around my basement workroom for some old knife to sharpen.
I found an old Utica 8" kitchen knife, Japan made. I sharpened it up and it's now in the kitchen knife block, and used regularly.
MurMdB8.jpg
Nice. Good old Utica.
According to @KenHash, my copco goes back to the 50s or 60s. If it's been used at all, it must be a very decent knife.

I sure miss the Utica factory store.
Maybe we'll get back there this year. We've been vaccinated and Oneida County is a lot cleaner than ours, last I looked.

Tonight's Super Moon rising
That's really a nice shot Gary. Upstate NY is a beautiful place. My fave of yours will always be the battling pileated woodpeckers. :)

I wonder if we'll get it in Yorkshire
What you'll get in Yorkshire (and Leeds) is the wet stuff Jack. So tell me, have you ever seen the rain?

Back