"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

That's really a nice shot Gary. Upstate NY is a beautiful place. My fave of yours will always be the battling pileated woodpeckers. :)
Thanks, Dwight. That's high praise coming from you! I always enjoy seeing your excellent images.
That sent me searching for that photo! I thought I'd lost it!
eMnGegZ.jpg

Last edited:
I looked for it, but it was too cloudy to see the moon at all.

I'm hoping to get my recalled fuel pump replaced this morning. I made the appointment on-line because there's no use calling them. Just a question of whether they' have the part.

I don’t know Jack, but if it’s bright enough you’ll see all the happy creatures dancin’ on the lawn!:eek:
Todd
(This is getting crazy!):D

:D :thumbsup:

What you'll get in Yorkshire (and Leeds) is the wet stuff Jack. So tell me, have you ever seen the rain?

You should have been a weather-forecaster Dwight! :D ;) I have certainly seen the rain! :eek: Most recently last night, so no chance of seeing the moon! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Got my car back! Today. I think they got it all taken apart yesterday before they realized they didn't have the new pump, and then maybe waited till the end of the day to tell me because they were hoping a new pump would show up in time.
Being without a car feels like being without electricity. "Well, I can't go to the store, so I guess I'll go to the ... oh. I guess not."

How's it working it for you?
It's fine. I'm still eating what I cut up a couple nights ago, so I haven't put it through any more paces I can report on. I have to get fancy and see what it can do.
My estimation of it is suffering from buyer's remorse, but I'll get over that. It is almost my birthday, after all. And when I take it down and look at it I think, "Yeah, I needed this".
It's very sharp- I keep squinting at it- is that a chip? No, just a fleck of dust or something, but woops, there goes another finger-tip.
I think the slanted and tapered bolster is very well done.

No chips or warps yet. I'll be sure to keep my e-receipt where I can find it, just in case.

How do you preview your post?
There's a Preview button in the right hand corner of the text box, if you are seeing the same thing I am. Click again to edit or add, then post. It doesn't show a separate window, but results in the same functionality.

Back