"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I don't know if this has been posted before but I just saw this on another site that Canal Street Cutlery will be or is back in business and making a limited amount of knives/patterns for an unnamed dealer. They are taking orders for delivery this fall.

Edit: mrknife started a thread a few minutes b4 I posted this so head on over there.

Last edited:
Lived in or within 30 minutes on NOLA my entire life. Are you affiliated with Coutelier?
No, I’ve just been there a few times. Nice folks. I knew that selection you listed! I grew up near Covington. Don’t live there anymore, my family still does. My wife pulled me to the Mississippi Gulf Coast over twenty years ago!

Ok I had a minor slip today and cut my pinkie finger on my left hand a bit. Maybe little less than 1/2 long bout 1/8 deep at the deepest point. Just caught it with the tip of the sheepfoot. Nothing a bit of crazy glue couldn't handle.( pic on the totin today thread lol) Anyways, got me to thinking, ever notice about a second before the blade meets finger your brain logs it. I mean you see it coming but can't stop an action your already committed to. Funny how your brain can recognize your bout to do a "stupid" but your body already committed to an action your brain told it to do a second ago, but can't stop itself in enough time. As soon as I had the thought " that might hit my finger" I was already making the cut. I was already committed to the cut, knew I was going to hit my finger midcut, couldn't stop, made the cut and immediately stuck my pinkie finger on my jeans to stop the blood all in ONE MOVE. Like a lot of things in life, we may see the stupid coming, but are powerless to stop it.

This is the only place that I can post this picture and know that I will get a smile out of some folks... this happened randomly to me the other day at work when the mustard bottle was basically near empty. I tried to do a clockwise swirl around like I usually do and spiral it to the middle; here's the result. I literally laughed out loud. :)

HaveAniceDay.JPG

Last edited:
This is the only place that I can post this picture and know that I will get a smile out of some folks... this happened randomly to me the other day at work when the mustard bottle was basically near empty. I tried to do a clockwise swirl around like I usually do and spiral it to the middle; here's the result. I literally laughed out loud. :)

View attachment 948602
:D:D:D

View attachment 948602

:D :D :thumbsup:

been busy working on some things lately

ZeMPziM.jpg

nJM9bY8.jpg

gonna be a busy weekend!

Ok I had a minor slip today and cut my pinkie finger on my left hand a bit. Maybe little less than 1/2 long bout 1/8 deep at the deepest point. Just caught it with the tip of the sheepfoot. Nothing a bit of crazy glue couldn't handle.( pic on the totin today thread lol) Anyways, got me to thinking, ever notice about a second before the blade meets finger your brain logs it. I mean you see it coming but can't stop an action your already committed to. Funny how your brain can recognize your bout to do a "stupid" but your body already committed to an action your brain told it to do a second ago, but can't stop itself in enough time. As soon as I had the thought " that might hit my finger" I was already making the cut. I was already committed to the cut, knew I was going to hit my finger midcut, couldn't stop, made the cut and immediately stuck my pinkie finger on my jeans to stop the blood all in ONE MOVE. Like a lot of things in life, we may see the stupid coming, but are powerless to stop it.
Experienced something similar at a father/daughter kickball game. The ball was kicked into right field, and I turned to chase it. I was trying to catch it for the out (I assume catching it would be an out, as in baseball), and my legs could not keep up with my brain and eyes. I was running and KNEW I was going to fall and there was nothing I could do about it. I knew I was going to fall several seconds before I did.

I posted this in the forum knife ordering process thread because I was so shocked I forgot that I am not supposed to clutter up the thread with chatter:

So happy to finally announce that Buck hit this out of the park. Knife will be.....drum roll please.....

$71.00

Yeah, I can't believe it either. Talk about under promise and over deliver by Buck. Congrats to all involved! MODS will get the ordering link out when they are ready!

71! 71!!! 71!!!!!

Wow, that is an incredible deal. I had already planned on buying two, now I wish I could buy three! Just kidding... kinda.

I posted this in the forum knife ordering process thread because I was so shocked I forgot that I am not supposed to clutter up the thread with chatter:

71! 71!!! 71!!!!!

Wow, that is an incredible deal. I had already planned on buying two, now I wish I could buy three! Just kidding... kinda.
So we coulda had grooved bolsters? :rolleyes: Just kidding :D I'm looking forward to my first BF Traditional knife :):thumbsup:

Capture.JPG

Back