Case/Bose 2020 Sneek Preview

What a sweet looking knife! I've not been able to afford the Bose collaboration knives in the past. Hoping that these will be within reach.

I've been in a position to have available funds many times....but never act on it.

At the price they charge, I honestly start looking at custom (affordable customs), or multiple models of GEC's

Where? Gimmme a look! Oh yeah.
But isnt that called Ballock shield?....
Maybe the pawn with balls symbolizes all the young men who have died fighting for their countries on the front lines... It's JUST a shield but my girlfriend once pointed out how it looked like a ball sack now it's all I see!! I know it's a classic popularized by the man himself (created by?) But I can't get into it :(

As for the knife looks great and I'm hoping to read positive feedback upon release!!

Where? Gimmme a look! Oh yeah.
But isnt that called Ballock shield?....

I have never known haha I'd like the shield if it had a a flat base and pawn would make more sense if that was the case haha pun intended. Some makers seem to use less extreme curves at the base of the design and I actually like the shield when done like that.

This knife looks like it'd be a great user in which shield doesn't matter but then again I have bought a few "great users" Case Bose included that I can't bring myself to use on things like cardboard if I have a more economical choice close by! Someday I hope to not baby some of my collection haha

I've been in a position to have available funds many times....but never act on it.

At the price they charge, I honestly start looking at custom (affordable customs), or multiple models of GEC's

I usually look for them on the secondary if I’m going to buy one, or look for sales. I wouldn’t pay full list price and certainly wouldn’t pay MSRP. Having had many production knives, customs, and a few of the Case Bose models (I also live 20 min from Case so I swing in and check them out), these really do skirt the line in between. GEC type of consistent quality with a much more custom feel to them.

They hold their value pretty well so if you can get a good price, take the chance. Seems they usually sell easily on the exchange. Go for the Wharncliffe Trapper if you can. It’s the Bose standard issue pocket knife lol.

I usually look for them on the secondary if I’m going to buy one, or look for sales. I wouldn’t pay full list price and certainly wouldn’t pay MSRP. Having had many production knives, customs, and a few of the Case Bose models (I also live 20 min from Case so I swing in and check them out), these really do skirt the line in between. GEC type of consistent quality with a much more custom feel to them.

They hold their value pretty well so if you can get a good price, take the chance. Seems they usually sell easily on the exchange. Go for the Wharncliffe Trapper if you can. It’s the Bose standard issue pocket knife lol.

I have previously owned a custom J. Oeser, and have handled Bose cuwtoms from both Tony and Reese. I get so much enjoyment and use out of a well put together production that the Case Bose collabs do draw my interest. I have just never pulled the trigger.

The Lanny's lock back is a great pattern and I would love one.... but..... you know the deal, so many knives...so little free funds...

Last edited:

Living 20min from CASE would be a BAD, BAD thing for me!!:p
I am guessing 400.00 to 600.00..
John

I got the Wilfred lockback hunter from an online dealer for $325. Price drops at some places after the initial buzz for some knives not all. The Bose/Case line is as good or better than $400 custom customs. Plus for this model, a lot of custom makers aren't up to lockbacks.

KnifeHead KnifeHead thanks for the pictures. Do you have any that shows Tony's custom version and all the parts before assembly? Those are neat!

Last edited:
This pattern rings all the bells, I wonder about the price, it will not be low that's for sure. Guessing around 500$.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have no free cash in that amount so I definitely wait for the secondary market, although it may take a year or more to find one in relative reasonable price.
Mike

Looking forward to these. I may have to kick a few knives out, but as Curly Bill Brocius would say...

QxCPTTu.gif

I'm a fan of the bollocks shield!

Looking forward to the 2020 knife. I missed the 2012 Lanny. In my collection I have the Premium Stockman (2018 knife) and Bullnose Trapper (2019 knife). The 2020 Lanny will complete the "trilogy".
These knives are well made, robust knives with top quality materials and excellent fit and finish from one of the best traditional maker in the business. What's there not to like ?

Lanny price.. 480.00 to 725.00:eek::eek::eek::thumbsdown::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
John

Whoaa... that sounds a little steep? Why such a premium over and above the Wilfred Hunter? I was tempted to try this one but not at that price. I like the idea of the midlock and wanted to give this pattern another shot. I had a Lanny’s from the 1st run and let it go. The pattern just didn’t fit me, it just seemed to carry bigger than what it was?

Back