Case Sodbusters

kamagong

Gold Member
I've been hankering for a large yellow sodbuster in CV. Does Case still make such a beast? Try as I might, I have been unable to find them anywhere.

Yes sir they do. I get my CV Case knives at Bass Pro a lot of times. Some of the local mom and pop hardware stores carry them also.

Thanks for the help guys. But I'm looking for the LARGE sodbuster, not the junior version.

I've been hankering for a large yellow sodbuster in CV. Does Case still make such a beast? Try as I might, I have been unable to find them anywhere.

Case has not made the large yellow (or any other handle) sodbuster in CV in a number of years...maybe since the late 90's, at least as a standard catalog product. It is possible that some were made on special order, but I do not know of any.

Very recently I had a Smoky Mountain Knifeworks catalogue that had both the large and small yellow soddies. Try giving them a call or look at their online site.

Thanks Jackknife. You know, this is really all your fault. All your stories about the different slipjoints you've seen have me searching far and wide for knives that fit your descriptions. I now have a large stag stockman that I carry regularly. Now I'm looking for a large yellow sodbuster and for a nice scout knife.

Speaking of stories, I really enjoyed your newest one with your Uncle Mike. May I make a request though. In one of your earlier tales set at Gun Farm, you mentioned your dad shooting Mr. Van to a draw. I've been hoping to hear you elaborate on it some more. Could you possibly make that your next story?

Kamagong, just a question. Is there a reason you need the big one? I'm just asking because the Jr. can pretty much handle ANY cutting chore, and if it's all you can get, it will work for ya just fine.

ElCuchillo, good question. I don't need a big one, I just want one. I like big knives. I know a small knife can do the job just fine, but using a big knife is just so much fun. I dress in slacks and work in an office everyday, but my EDC is a large stockman.

Moore Maker's web site still shows a large sodbuster in 1095 high carbon and a yellowish bone handle. I'm not sure who made this one for MM. Queen maybe. They are on the pricey side though.

The large Boker Gaucho Sodbusters are yellow handled and carbon bladed. About 13 bucks if I remember correctly.

Thanks Jackknife. You know, this is really all your fault. All your stories about the different slipjoints you've seen have me searching far and wide for knives that fit your descriptions. I now have a large stag stockman that I carry regularly. Now I'm looking for a large yellow sodbuster and for a nice scout knife.

Speaking of stories, I really enjoyed your newest one with your Uncle Mike. May I make a request though. In one of your earlier tales set at Gun Farm, you mentioned your dad shooting Mr. Van to a draw. I've been hoping to hear you elaborate on it some more. Could you possibly make that your next story?

I'm sorry, I did'nt know.:D

As to your request; ask and ye shall receive.

ElCuchillo, good question. I don't need a big one, I just want one. I like big knives. I know a small knife can do the job just fine, but using a big knife is just so much fun. I dress in slacks and work in an office everyday, but my EDC is a large stockman.
Kamagong, drop me an email!!
charlie.campagna@telus.net

I just looked up discount cutlery and say a German Eye Sobuster. I am not familiar with that brand. Is it any good?

Thank you

Eye Brand makes good knives. The fit and finish isn't perfect, but you get a tank of a working knife that takes and keeps a great edge.

Look out kamagong! You've got jackknife, ElCucillo, and now me in on this thread!

Be careful <<peanut>> because we <<peanut>> might use subtle <<peanut>> brain control techniques <<peanut>> to talk you out <<peanut>> of your large knife <<peanut>> preference.

<<peanut>>

Just warning you. <<peanut>>

Back