• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

CASE...what in the ???

It doesn't make sense for Case do this without it coming from a higher court. Sounds like they are protecting themselves from costly litigation. More facts please.
This apparent action doesn't make any sense. US > Canada too now.....

Maritime products?
This just gets better....that must mean abalone and such like? ...the kind that has been completely immersed and hardened in acrylic resin....because I dont see myself ordering any knife soon with scales of raw live barnacle eggs or little heated aquaria with crown of thorns starfish swimming around inside that I might accidentally drop overboard and destroy the Great Barrier Reefs entire ecosystem....too late for that.
Im sorry.
I do get it....but

Not being the master wordsmith that I would like to be, I probably should have used aquatic instead of maritime...…… With the richness of the English language comes the abundance of synonymous and sometimes overlapping meanings...… My late Mother was an English teacher, and God knows she tried hard with me..... But, sometimes the apple rolls down hill from the tree...… Yes, the prohibition was for Abalone & Mother of Pearl...…...

The Sri Lankan authorities responded to the Easter atrocities by asking all citizens to surrender their knives, which makes even less sense, but these are crazy times.
It would be nice if Case would explain who's doing what to whom for why.
If it's about banned materials, you'd think they could still ship synthetics, unless there's an international crackdown on plastics.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that it probably has more to do with protecting distribution rights. Otherwise the "option" would remain with the retailer, at their own risk of international trade/tariffs/regulation issues.

This is all part of my evil plan to hog all of the Case knives for myself. I have effectively limited Case purchases to only the US. My next step will be to restrict sales to only Upstate New York. Then to only my mailing address. Bwhahahahaha!!!!!! :D:D:D

HSrE2nS.jpg

This is all part of my evil plan to hog all of the Case knives for myself. I have effectively limited Case purchases to only the US. My next step will be to restrict sales to only Upstate New York. Then to only my mailing address. Bwhahahahaha!!!!!! :D:D:D

HSrE2nS.jpg
Is that one of those zombie raccoons I was reading about in the news?

Looks like the racoon that raids my bird feeders!

I'd be curious to know what's going on myself.
Since this entire thread is not a knife discussion but a where do they ship and why discussion. I'm moving it to GB&U.

I emailed a prolific Case dealer and asked for clarification.

The response was that some exotic handle materials cannot be shipped to other countries, especially Canada. But "typical" Case knives can ship to Canada just fine.

They also said that due to shipping costs and item losses, they will not ship to any other country other than Canada.

Just one distributor but good insight nonetheless.

Would be nice to have a reason, rather than speculate. I speculate trade laws. CTV News here just announced tariffs lifted re Canada and Mexico. Time will tell...
Until then I'll obsess over the Grohmann site again.

I don't deal directly with Case, so I don't have any information from them. But, I don't expect it is any type of legal issue on this particular knife. Case is very bad about trying to protect large dealers so they are probably protecting their non-US dealers by prohibiting US dealers from exporting. But, I don't know the specifics.

I will go ahead and say again, that setting up a commercial re-shipper will save international customers a lot of money and grief over time. You can combine shipments, fill out your own customs forms, and be in full control. I realize it seems as if retailers are just making up policies for the sole purpose of randomly punishing people, but sadly there is generally a good reason behind a new policy. You may not like it; but you are not going to be the one bailing the dealer our of jail when the poo hits the fan.

Gotcha .merci Alain.
Im liking that jigged bone.
I just received an email from the American company that i deal with, no problems posting to Oz, so no idea what is going on with your supplier. From what you said you have been sorted, glad it worked out. I have one of those in the photo but in pocket worn orange, it's a ripper. Have a good weekend.

The only place any facts about this debacle of a policy can come from is Case itself...and Im not holding my breath for that.
Its apparent from much of the communication I've had around this thread that.
A.nobody actually knows why.
knifeswapper knifeswapper s response is likely the most accurate...
B.nobody is policing it because other dealers AND the one I'm using are actually still shipping os.
C. It is very easy to get around.
D. Case as a company has all the old timey traditional apple pie goodness of a giant corporate behemoth...it would seem.

Im not an international corporate espionage agent or anything...just a Dad who wants to buy a decent quality practical keepsake for his youngest Sons 16th birthday.
Thanks again to everyone who offered insight and experience.

Back