CBM's - Customized Benchmade's

20CV All black Grip, AWT Scales, Engraved so I can hand it down to my boy someday.
3qunofo.jpg

Amazing work as always josh!! I think the Blue Ano would look great against the tumbled finish.

I'm DLC coating this 940... as long as it turns out right should be epic! :) I'm thinking about tumbling the scales or something after the DLC then ano blue where the raw ti is exposed, what do you guys think?

i-tkMD95h-X2.jpg
i-nVzTNGN-X2.jpg

I'm DLC coating this 940... as long as it turns out right should be epic! :) I'm thinking about tumbling the scales or something after the DLC then ano blue where the raw ti is exposed, what do you guys think?

i-tkMD95h-X2.jpg
i-nVzTNGN-X2.jpg
Sure would like to know how you textured the titanium scales….

I do a lot of personal modifications to knives and guns, but I have no idea how you forced that texture.

Looks nice and functional!

Decided it was time to make my base Bugout more mine. Just not a fan of Grivory... Picked up a set of RC Bladeworks blue/natural linen micarta scales. I wanted something akin to blue denim, but couldn't find anyone offering anything close, just blue or blue/black G10.

I had read a few review that had mentioned that the blue in these was pretty purple. Yep.

IMG_7241.JPG

IMG_7232.jpg

I also wasn't thrilled with the amount of natural-colored micarta they had on the surface. Ugh. So, what to do? Immediately "fix" them. Yes, before even trying them out on the knife, lol... 🤣

IMG_7233.jpg

About 15 minutes in the hot dye/water bath, then rinsed well. Another 15 minutes or so in hot dye fixative/water bath, then washed wish some dish soap and warm water. They turned out well, a LOT closer to what I was after.

IMG_7234.jpg

And some shots after install. :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

Considering maybe adding some blue Ti screws and a blue Ti clip down the road, we'll see. I'd want to change out the pivot and Axis bar too if I went that route, so IDK...

Decided it was time to make my base Bugout more mine. Just not a fan of Grivory... Picked up a set of RC Bladeworks blue/natural linen micarta scales. I wanted something akin to blue denim, but couldn't find anyone offering anything close, just blue or blue/black G10.

I had read a few review that had mentioned that the blue in these was pretty purple. Yep.

View attachment 1613876

View attachment 1613864

I also wasn't thrilled with the amount of natural-colored micarta they had on the surface. Ugh. So, what to do? Immediately "fix" them. Yes, before even trying them out on the knife, lol... 🤣

View attachment 1613866

About 15 minutes in the hot dye/water bath, then rinsed well. Another 15 minutes or so in hot dye fixative/water bath, then washed wish some dish soap and warm water. They turned out well, a LOT closer to what I was after.

View attachment 1613867

And some shots after install. :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1613868

View attachment 1613869

View attachment 1613870

Considering maybe adding some blue Ti screws and a blue Ti clip down the road, we'll see. I'd want to change out the pivot and Axis bar too if I went that route, so IDK...

Very nicely done. I'd be very please with those results, looks excellent!

Back