Cerberus

Well...saw sale still going on so did a literal last back order order to lock in the sale order price on the order I ordered. Of another Cerberus that is. Its a great middling fixed blade that I figured I better get two at such a great price.

Mind you this is the nylon sheath one with out that spread all over the place kydex one. The Underwhelming sheath that seems to be decently slim enough, that holds the great slicer and dicer and can do morer stuff it seems when needed.

I'll still use my strong arms but mostly for what I use them for now, I carry a Cerberus or Strongarm on the belt and the other in the pack, or vice versa. But for nicer finer cutting the Cerberus is better. To many people I go out with always for get a knives I find so I can loan out the strongarms (nice light pack/camp knife) and keep the Cerberus for myself because its bester.

With the Cerberus OKC made a knife that made me stop looking at RAT 5s, and 3s, and TACs. Well unless they made more 154cm TAC 1s again. With the RAKs and TFIs I got most of the middling game covered with the CERBERUS. I like having a primary and spare is the reason I get things in sets of 2 if I like them.

I do love the tak mod. The swedge, even unsharpened has pierced the welt on an 8oz. Leather sheath I had for it. No such trouble with the Cerberus.

I just bought a Cerberus It was advertised as coming with the Kydex sheath and for $160 Australian dollarydoos, I bought it. Open the box and it came with the damn nylon sheath. I am thinking of returning it (ebay knife seller). I love this knife and think with the original kydex sheath it is almost a perfect carry option for me. Getting a custom kydex sheath of the same quality to my door will run me at least another $75 -$100.

Yep...
The Cerberus is offered in two sheath configurations..shame on the seller since they would have known.

I just bought a Cerberus It was advertised as coming with the Kydex sheath and for $160 Australian dollarydoos, I bought it. Open the box and it came with the damn nylon sheath. I am thinking of returning it (ebay knife seller). I love this knife and think with the original kydex sheath it is almost a perfect carry option for me. Getting a custom kydex sheath of the same quality to my door will run me at least another $75 -$100.

Yeah if it was less than $150 US and was advertised with a kydex sheath, I wouldn’t believe it even if they responded in the affirmative to a direct question. The sheath it originally came with is one of the best kydex sheaths ever in terms of quiet removal, the nylon one belongs in the trash. If you keep it, notify the seller and if they don’t make the price right, give them 1 Star. Then get a leather sheath from those sellers in Odin, IL, who have a great value and selection on 8-9oz. Leather sheaths. Or maybe it’s cheaper to buy one local.

I have just bought this knife with the nylon sheath. My first impressions are that the knife is very good. I filed down the point of the blade next to the handle as it is easy to cut my finger on the point. The sheath is ok to use.
It would be interesting for me to know why the military group chose this design and certain features as a military knife.
Hint Toooj ;)

Stilll Slicey and Dicey and Light Weight Belty to Carry. I don't think it was made for a main job of be being Stabical or Hactical, bit it can stab if needed, just mind blade part that comes close to the handle, filing or grinding the corner of it down a bit to keep from being bit might be advisable if your going to do full strength try to drive it deep in to some thing "tactitest!" Its a bit light to hactical and whactial things like a dedicated chopper, but it can bactaiton smallerer tyrannical botanicals to get at the dry stuff inside of the wily wiggly wildly wilderness wood.

Its a nice light weight "oops I been carrying it all day?" knife that rides pretty nice in the "elcheapo" sheath that it comes with on the more "Affordably" priced model. I was able to get two Cerberuses for the price of one with a kydex sheath during sneaky sales. Heck yeah they were great deals that got me TWO great smaller fixed blades that are great belt riders. I've never had any luck with kydex, myself, I won't go in to details to start a Kydex war, bit the sheath the "Lower priced" Cerberus that it comes with is serviceable and workable for general use and place to keep a knife as it was intended I guess.

The Cerberus is a great knife to carry for general knife stuff and more if needed, I usually take a more heavier duty knife for more heavy abuse stuff myself, along with an extra folder (lock back) as I learned better have more blades than you need in case you end up with none in a blink of an eye. Yes other well made OKC or other knives might work well, like a Strongarm, I usually pack one of them in the pack for a back up pack up knife, as fixed is better than folder, folder is better than nothing usually for durability and abusal stuff if needed.

Stilll Slicey and Dicey and Light Weight Belty to Carry. I don't think it was made for a main job of be being Stabical or Hactical, bit it can stab if needed, just mind blade part that comes close to the handle, filing or grinding the corner of it down a bit to keep from being bit might be advisable if your going to do full strength try to drive it deep in to some thing "tactitest!" Its a bit light to hactical and whactial things like a dedicated chopper, but it can bactaiton smallerer tyrannical botanicals to get at the dry stuff inside of the wily wiggly wildly wilderness wood.

Its a nice light weight "oops I been carrying it all day?" knife that rides pretty nice in the "elcheapo" sheath that it comes with on the more "Affordably" priced model. I was able to get two Cerberuses for the price of one with a kydex sheath during sneaky sales. Heck yeah they were great deals that got me TWO great smaller fixed blades that are great belt riders. I've never had any luck with kydex, myself, I won't go in to details to start a Kydex war, bit the sheath the "Lower priced" Cerberus that it comes with is serviceable and workable for general use and place to keep a knife as it was intended I guess.

The Cerberus is a great knife to carry for general knife stuff and more if needed, I usually take a more heavier duty knife for more heavy abuse stuff myself, along with an extra folder (lock back) as I learned better have more blades than you need in case you end up with none in a blink of an eye. Yes other well made OKC or other knives might work well, like a Strongarm, I usually pack one of them in the pack for a back up pack up knife, as fixed is better than folder, folder is better than nothing usually for durability and abusal stuff if needed.

If you buy a teklok for the kydex sheath it will be much more suitable for belt carry—imo you’ll like the kydex a lot better with the teklok or belt clip.

Love that knife

I believe that whoever designed the kydex sheath really knew what they were doing. A 10-15 dollar teklok and you can carry it concealed anywhere legal. Plus mine is still inaudible while removing or reshesthing the knife. The blade itself and the materials used make it an incredible value.

Its a VERY knice knife!

Who ever did the review didn't do a Stabtical Rating :D or Slicing Rating...ph fluffy fuzzy stick making counts as that I guess.

Its light and slicy and a bit rust resistant due to da D2. A bit I said its not like its H2.

Revolverrodger Revolverrodger

How would the Cerberus be on big game cutting up and field dress? I know its a great slicer but I'm thinking whole deer processing in case "some one" forgets the proper tools again. ;)

Thanks, I'm getting dragged on a "Bow hunt" where it probably will turn in to a nature hike, but just in case we get one, I need to pack light. Still will be a good outing, if I don't lose any one that is. :D

Back