1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Charlie Mike Carry.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BladeScout, Jun 14, 2019.

1. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Maybe CM would have carried his knife left side, if he had carried a gun on the right hip. Of course he didnt pack a firearm, so I guess we will never know.
    I cant recall any musings from his hand on that subject.

Nice pic.
    Whats the top knife - looks like a version of the MACVSOG?

2. bobobama

bobobama Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2017
    He is missed.

BTW, you may want to reverse those G-clips so the opening is face down, like on the sheath with the metal clip. Less chance of a mishap.

jux t likes this.
  3. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I feel they are completely secure because of the lip built into the g-clip and the size of belt I wear. They aren't easy to get off.

Edit: plus, if I mounted them the other way I would have to mod the clip to get the rid height I want. They are fine the way the are.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  4. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Yes, it's aftermarket (the factory sheath stays mounted to a pack). I do the same carry with an esee 4 standard molded plastic sheath. Works great.

Keep watching for the difensa. I bought one a few years back off the exchange for $220 :eek:

5. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    One benefit of flipping the clip around is that you can clip to waistband instead of needing a belt.

6. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I was inspired to set one up to give this a go today. So far so good. I found a position that works without noticing it sitting down (needed the cant for that). The most challenging part in the seated fit area is my car with bucket seats/side bolsters. This actually tucks in comfortably there.

My first thought was “the handle is going to be in danger of hitting things”, like a pocket clip is on folders. 2 minutes later I thumped a counter top walking by :/ . Micarta and 4V though...

This is a mirror, so it’s actually left/weak side, edge out draw:

[​IMG]

d762nato and taste.blade like this.
  7. POCEH KOCEB

POCEH KOCEB Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Sort of version... It's the SOG Trident, used to be a user, I got the Recon Bowie too :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

d762nato, craytab and mb> like this.
  8. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    CM carry was how I always carried my fixed blades at my old job and outside of work, with the handle at about a 45-degree angle pointing down and towards my anterior, positioned just a touch behind and below my right hip (I wear pants/shorts that sit at the waist)

The angle is fairly simple to achieve with a tek-lock even if the holes don’t quite line up - just secure it with zip-ties.

It made for very natural-feeling unsheathing and sheathing motions, and was reasonably ambidextrous.

9. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Not really a concern for me. These are belt knives. If I'm not wearing a belt I carry a different knife.

10. BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    Right. Im watching like a hawk:)
    Just missed out on a Difensa. It went for around that amount.

craytab likes this.
  11. BladeScout

May 16, 2010

Thought so but wasnt sure. The Trident is a god looking blade.
    Ive got an old Tech1.
    Always wanted an original Tomcat. Still kick myself for turning one down years ago. I thought it too expensive back then. Little did I know ...

12. POCEH KOCEB

Nov 21, 2013
    It is, agree...I did put some use on it but not as the previous owner.
    It's a sort of story behind those two blades. Both were originally purchased by a friend of mine from Bulgaria, used to be a private security. He used to take trips in Balkan mountains. He used the Trident on a regular bases there. In one of those trips he met with some US SF guys, training some Bulgarian units. Can't find it right now, but there is a picture of the same knife with some US SF insignia on one of the mountain tops, a well know shelter... Later the guy sold all of his knives and spent the money on moutain bikes, this is how I got those two, paid next to nothing for both of them and I'm holding on those two probably till the lights are out...

13. BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    The old warhorses are nice - especially if they have some background attached to them.
    I got this 40s FS from an ex Brit soldier who carried it on his webbing during 'the Troubles.'
    I cant see myself ever selling this one either.
    [​IMG]
    Speaking of warhorses; IMO CM Carry would work well for either of the three below. I should make some kydex for one or more of them:
    [​IMG]

14. POCEH KOCEB

Nov 21, 2013
    :D Very nice ! I evny, ha ha ha... :thumbsup: I don't have much of those, the only one other knife that wsa given to me was a old Taylor Seto tanto that I was told was in Vietnam, unfortunately I cannnot confirmm the credibility of the statement... I believe this particular model was made well after the war ended but didn't research much on it. The sheath on this-one won't allow me to carry it horizontal in any way so I just keep it at home, I find it very cool knife... :cool:

[​IMG]

15. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Was listening to Jocko Willink's podcast with John Stryker Meyer. They were going over gear, and they mentioned knife carry, handle down. Thought of CM there.

POCEH KOCEB and jux t like this.
  16. noob93

noob93

Feb 6, 2016
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqx8hEhBZDB/ theres the link to matts picturers of my blade. She doesn't look that pristine now but still a beauty

jux t likes this.