Chipped the tip on my TGLB :(

Usually the issue most he when learning to sharpen convex edges is too much pressure, not enough patience and lifting the spine too much at the end of the stroke.

That tip would be easily fixable. The only reason I have never sent a knife back to to the shop is I can fix it my self for free. Much quicker and easier than boxing it up and sending it off.

One trick I like to use is sandpaper over a glass backing. It becomes easier to see where you are hitting, and keep a tip pointy.

Yeah that's not bad at all OP. It's not even off the bevel. If you have a cheaper knife try sharpening it and see if you can keep the tip sharp after 10-20 minutes of sharpening. If you do, then you won't have any problem fixxing the other knife.

Of course if you don't have any equipment and Busse thinks they can get it back within a week, that would probably be the way to go :thumbup:

Yeah I definitely learned my lesson with the ice. I guess I got a little bold with it.

Thank you Pokey! I have an interview I have to do for a TWD documentary so I will wait until after that and then I will give you a shout.

Thanks for all the advice as well. I am definitely going to figure this convexing thing out...on a cheaper knife first.

OR have someone make a penetrator tip of it...!

That would look very awesome on a TGLB:cool:

Big is right on.
Light pressure & correct angle are your friends.
Good luck & let us know.

Hacking a frozen Deer tail bone of deer that didn't get dragged out for a few hours in some cold temps I chipped out a hatchet. Frozen stuff is hard. let busse handle it if you aren't confident.

Back