Chris Reeve Green Beret Video Desrtuction Test Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody else has said it, so I will.

Noss's tests, like Cliffs, are showcases to prove Busses are 'the best'.

Total agenda.

This post proves why The Busse crowd will never be Special Forces material.

It does take a certain level of intelligence to keep from breaking a knife blade.

Many of us have NEVER broken a blade because we don’t do stupid things with them that they were never designed to do.

Many of us were taught to take care of our toys because if we mistreated them, mommy and daddy weren’t going to replace them.

Sadly, a huge segment of society has the attitude that everything is disposable and that money grows on trees.

What a bunch of spoiled brats.

I brought enough for everyone.

attachment.php

Attachments

• popcorn_10000.jpg
    popcorn_10000.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 682

Total agenda.

It does take a certain level of intelligence to keep from breaking a knife blade.

Many of us have NEVER broken a blade because we don’t do stupid things with them that they were never designed to do.

Many of us were taught to take care of our toys because if we mistreated them, mommy and daddy weren’t going to replace them.

Sadly, a huge segment of society has the attitude that everything is disposable and that money grows on trees.

I think your the only spoiled brat here :rolleyes:

There is no Busse agenda here. This is just your way of trying to come to terms with facts you can not accept. I test the knives the same on video for everyone to see. I will tell you why Busse is at the top. This is the truth if you can handle it ?

Busse is at the top in my tests because The Busse is what it says it is. A very tough, strong ,functional knife in every category. I have all the video to back
it up.

Maybe you should ask yourself why Busse blades score very well in tests ?

Total agenda.

really? why are you always such a crybaby? who are you to suggest what people spend their money on or what they do with those items?

so noss tested all the knives before the busse just to make it look like he wasnt biased? the fbm was no where near the first knife he destroyed.

yeah, its all just a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

I am fairly new here but I would like to defend Noss in the claim that he is showcasing Busse knives. In looking at his site he tested a multitude of knives before ever testing the Busse. Whether you agree with the tests or not you have to agree that "It is what it is". All knives were subjected too the same tests and passed or failed on their own merit.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on these forums who tires of the 'Busse is the best knife EVER!' theme that pervades this forum.

Morimotom, If you don't sleep or go to work for the next week maybe you can break the 12,000 post mark by then! Hurry, hurry!

I'm sure I'm not the only one on these forums who tires of the 'Busse is the best knife EVER!' theme that pervades this forum.

Morimotom, If you don't sleep or go to work for the next week maybe you can break the 12,000 post mark by then! Hurry, hurry!

typical. how is my post count relevant to anything and what is the deal with your obsession with it?

what a juvenile attempt at avoiding a response with any useful content.

and if you dont like a theme that you think "pervades" this forum, then go away.

Total agenda.
Motive? Supporting evidence? No? I didn't really think so. You, on the other hand, have a documented agenda against Busse knives. Where do they grow hypocrites as bald faced as you are?

You. . .you do realize these tests are INTENDED to break the knife, right? I mean, if you can miss something that glaringly obvious, I don't think I need to hear much more about intelligence from you.

Sounds like many of you have never had a blade designed to do more than cut. Funny how that works. It's also funny how some people like to advertise their knives for purposes they were never designed to perform.

Is that how you think warranties work? Whom have you been dealing with? LOL

btw, noss4's first test was 12-06.

the scrapper was destroyed in 11-07, almost a year later.

the fbm was destroyed in late 1-08.

we all conspire to infect the world. we have the patience and care enough to have noss4 set up his site a full year before we actually test the scrapper, a busse family knife. all the previous tests were just to set up the actual purpose of the site. then we waited another few months to test the actual busse knife.

in fact, im noss4. i have two platinum accounts, so you can add the noss4 posts to my post count. am i over 12000 now?

Gentlebeings, please try to remember we're talking about knives here and not about each other.
attachment.php

it is unfortunate that Bearct is such an azz. He obviously has an agenda and totally changes the direction of threads. He has lost every argument even in the thread he referenced which makes it even funnier.

All I know is that it wasn't a Busse that chipped and tore and failed in cliffs test, it was a FEHRMAN!!!!. Sorry, but since he wants to stir the pot we might as well bring up cliffs test of a FEHRMAN, and really the only real hard test of a FEHRMAN. Cliffs SHBM is still kicking 10 years later. like it or not, those are the facts.

http://www.cutleryscience.com/reviews/extreme_judgement.html

yet here is another cliff test of a cpm3V knife and it did great

http://www.cutleryscience.com/reviews/camp_ed_schott.html

doesn't seem like there is any bias here.

Yet, not one Busse owner slams Fehrman out of politeness. But lets face it, if I have to trust something it won't be a fehrman, it will be a busse or scrapyard.

The Extreme Judgement was initially sharp but the edge roughly finished which lead to poor edge retention and durability in wood working due to fractures. The edge chipping continued after a light sharpening and was readily evident with just light impacts on concrete. The edge also ripplied on harder batoning. The grip was above average in some respects but had ergonomic issues in others. The sheath also had problems in wearing the coating and abrading the edge.

That's quite a statement. Can you offer up some proof to back you up?

Total agenda.
Speaking of agendas... :rolleyes:

With words like these, You'd better be current or ex Special Forces yourself, otherwise you're talking out of your azz.

Yes, I suppose it does... Unless you have a curiosity to see how much a knife can take before 'failing'... Then the intelligence grows through knowledge gained from these experiments. This is a KNIFE FORUM... Dealing with ALL aspects & information about knives. noss4 chooses to destroy knives to learn just how far they can be pushed, and I for one thank him for the free videos and information. If you don't like it, don't watch them.

Congratulations. Some knives & knife steels were designed to do MORE, but NOBODY is forcing you to buy them.

Yes, great... Did mommy & daddy teach you anything else? How about common courtesy?? If noss4 chooses to destroy knives even just for fun, that IS his right, isn't it? Who are you to tell him that he is wrong? Is he stealing from you to buy knives to test? I doubt that.

Now to me, this is where you make no sense. It's no secret that you dislike Busse Combat, and those of us who choose to buy their knives. Here you are on a thread about a Chris Reeves Green Beret knife destruction test in a sub-forum about knife testing & reviews BASHING Busse Combat knives & those who own them. Those knives are very hard to break or damage beyond repair... But if this actually happens, the company will replace the knife so long as you did not set out with the sole intention of breaking it, meaning that you may never have to buy another if you so choose. Busse, Chris Reeves, and many other top end knife companies make products that will LAST, that are NOT disposable, and that people from all walks of life BELIEVE in. I believe that Chris Reeves Knife Company has a fairly similar policy yet you brought the thread right around to Busse and began to bash them.

Quite frankly, since I own many Busse's, I resent this remark, especially coming from you. You whine, grumble and moan about Busse's and those of us who choose to buy them... Should I call you a whiny brat?

Speaking of knife tests, why doesn't Busse enter, [and win], cutting competitions like Bladeshow?

Oh that's right, we already had that discussion.

The Busse crowd lost.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521350&highlight=Bladeshow
How exactly did we (the "Busse crowd") lose??? :rolleyes:

The only knives that can be used are knives made by certified cutter members
of BladeSports International.
The Only production companies that can produce a knife for competition in
BSI events are those companies who are Sponsors of BladeSports. This knife
must be an approved design by a certified maker cutter of BladeSports .
There are no production knives on the market at this time,however Spyderco &
benchmade are working on a competition cutter as we speak. Browning has a
knife in production but this knife has never been certified by BladeSports
for competition as yet. Case also has been working on a knife for John
Fitch. I dont know the status of this knife.
The knifemaker members should be on the web site , but I can give you a few
to review.
Myself, Gayle Bradley. Ted Ott, John Fitch, Jim Crowell, Reggie Barker, Ed
Schempp, Donavan Phillips, & Dan Winkler .

I hope this helps

Warren Osborne

Funny, I see that type of positive spirit in those who believe in what they buy no matter which knife company they choose to buy from... Do you bash them too? ...Or just Busse? And if you have nothing constructive to say... Then who cares what you think? :thumbdn:

MORIMOTOM is a LEO and well repected around here. Try showing a little respect as you would expect from others. Sheesh.

CRK's response is not a dissapointment IMO. The knife was designed for a certain purpose, which the designers and users agreed upon and it appears they are all happy with the end result. So it isn't as tough as 3V, INFI or CRK's A2 line, but it appears that toughness was not the priority, cutting efficiency, corrosion resistance and ergonomics were. There are plenty of other knives which match this criteria and are equally non-tough, Mad Dog lines is a perfect example. Great ergonomics, low toughness. Again, as long as the end user is happy that is all that matters.

Total agenda.

Wow, you are talking about Special Force weapon - not a toy! Not for collector, not for 35 years old boy, not even for hunter. Somehow this part is missing here. This is tool for professional, gov put quite a bit of money, time and effort to train them. But what most important - those are the best people in many terms who dedicated to serve country up to the point where they give their lives and they are on front line always.

At least on my Russian opinion everybody need to do best to respect their commitment to country and provide them with best weapon, which must be at first reliable, at second reliable, and at third also reliable! Like AK47. It must be designed to be abused! It must be tested to the point of 3 times more abused then it may possible get in the field! Priceless life of country defenders relays on it.

Thanks, Vassili.

bearcut: Has it come to this then? What's with the attitude towards the "Busse" crowd? I can understand that you are not happy about past tests on knives you like but does that mean it is time to generalize, dream up conspiracies, and start mocking others because of their knife preferences?

If you do not like the test results do some of your own. It's lots of fun. :D Show us what your knives are good at. I am sure Fehrman's do very well for what they were designed to do.

Here is another thought: Not all knives are made the same nor are all knives made to do just one thing. Not anymore. They have evolved. Big time. It cracks me up every time some anti-Busse member starts lecturing us on how we are not using our knives how they should be used. Oh really? Busse knives were designed to do things like prying, batonning, etc... That is why the warranty covers them doing those things. That is why we buy them. We want our knives to do those things. There really is no need for you to get so upset when we use our knives for what they were designed for. If that were not the case then we would either not buy them or simply not use them to pry and such. Pretty simple really. Use your knives for what they were "designed" to do. If they were not designed to pry or baton with then do not do that. Right? Again, Busse knives (many of them anyway) were designed for chores such as prying, batonning, etc... That is their intended purpose. We like that. So we buy them.

:)

DAMN!!! Where's that big bag of popcorn when I need it? Kiahs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screw it I'm gonna sell butt scratchers here.
BUTT SCRATCHER!!!!!!! BUTT SCATCHERS HERE!!!!!!

Busse is not the "best", they don't have a folder...haha....:foot::D

DAMN!!! Where's that big bag of popcorn when I need it? Kiahs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screw it I'm gonna sell butt scratchers here.
BUTT SCRATCHER!!!!!!! BUTT SCATCHERS HERE!!!!!!

One butt scatcher and pass the popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back