Recommendation? Chris Reeve Knives Next Design?

id like to see them work with gareth bull after the slip joint collab is over. One of those ventures would be the best way for them to do a flipper and with out making it a permanent part of their product line. Their core line of products gets to follow the path they've been on which seems to be what they want to do. Frankly i think most their customer base would be dismayed to see them going into the frame lock flipper business. Their product is not only a gold standard but pretty unique(specially the 21 and way they do inlays etc.) The fact that they dont retire the product line even periodically to make something new is awesome and one of my favorite things they do. lots of refinement over time and probably the best product support, I dont expect to find out that i cant get my 21 serviced if i need it while im alive; that's awesome.

Gareth Bull follows a similar style and the sebenza blade sticks out in what seems like a nod to a front flipper plus South Africa being where crk came from. I think we could have an epic CRK field grade shamwari or something like that.

If CRK would ever go the flipper route via South Africa Andre Thorburn is the route to go IMO.

The lip opener you discribed above l, lately also seen as a front flipper, was popularized by Burger Knives and widely used by many South Africans.

If CRK would ever go the flipper route via South Africa Andre Thorburn is the route to go IMO.

The lip opener you discribed above l, lately also seen as a front flipper, was popularized by Burger Knives and widely used by many South Africans.
Yeah and a front flipper would be brilliant and there’s plenty of makers to pick from. They specifically do t want to get into the flipper market as a permanent thing so the collaboration project would be perfect.

The original mnandi nail nic on a medium sebenza with a ti-lock blade profile...with a great white shark fin for good measure.

I'd like to see CRK using the well known and most usefull south african front flipper/lip mechanism.
I can open my Insingo like that.
I can't open it fast but i can manage to do so in a controlled way.
It wouldn't change the overall design that much if you just make the jimping area a bit longer ;)
A mnandi with that mech would be outstanding.

A CRK back lock would be cool. I definitely think more use of the mnandi nail nic is in order.

A smaller large inkosi. The small inkosi is smaller than the small sebenza. I wish they would have done the same with the large inkosi in comparison to the large sebenza.

Seems like medium sebenza or Inkosi takes the cake...plus large mnandi :)

I would like to see a hybrid of the Zaan, 21 and 25/Inkosi. So something with a 21 style bushing but larger pivot like the Zaan, a scalloped handle similar to the Inkosi/25, the ceramic ball detent and the visual appeal of the blade and handle of a Zaan. Oh and a slightly larger blade in the 3.75 range.

1. Either medium Sebenza or Inkosi
2. Large Mnandi
3. Umfaan between the size of Small Inkosi and current Umfaan

I'm pretty happy with all the existing knives as "platforms" and expect them to continue innovating on those. More Micarta (Mnandi?) is more better, as would new options (Tanto Inkosi) and styles (inlays on Impinda?). I don't expect a new knife every year, Spyderco et. al. do a amazing job of setting up new runs to test the waters.

If I had to bet a year ago a slipjoint wouldn't have been anywhere in my top five guesses so I'm happy to be surprised and see what happens next.

Back