Christmas! GAW! WINNER ANNOUNCED - KBA!!!

*ALL ENTRIES must be in by 11:59pm (est) Christmas Eve.
*NO ENTRIES SUBMITTED AFTER 12:00:00 a.m. (est) Christmas morning will be recognized!

So after approval from a mod to clarify some uncertainty regarding the rules. In lieu of the new contest and giveaway specific subforum, and with Thanksgiving officially behind us, I'm hosting a Christmas GAW here in general discussion, open to all; paid and registered users alike.

I do really appreciate this community, and even as a registered user myself, i enjoy the opportunity to give back when I can.

Only requirements for registered users are
* 1st you must have been a member of blade forums for at least 6 mos. as of Christmas Day;
(so a joined date on of before 6/25/15.)
* 2nd, you must have at least 500 posts on BF at time of GAW winner selection, being an active member of the communities here...

Failure to meet BOTH requirements disqualifies your entry; sorry.

Obviously not 100% fool proof,
but at least helps to limit the cheats with "ghost" accounts fishing for extra chances, and weed out the less deserving who haven't been here long.. Stick around though, catch the next one!?

GAW will be a purchase of ≤$60, YOUR choice (Knives or other),
from any of the sponsoring retailers of this site, also of your choice.
+ an additional gift TBD
($60 max for actual product, I will cover any additional taxes and s&h... $60 can be split between multiple items, not to exceed the $60 Max, but may not be used towards a more expensive item).

Winner will be determined by a RNG on 12/25 Christmas day,
Please - must be 18 years and older to enter
Only one entry per person
Contest only open to U.S. mailing addresses, I won't ship internationally, not even Canada, (sorry international folks, but if you know an U .S. address to ship to, then by all means have a go at it).

For liability issues, Selection of winning item must be in compliance with the local laws of the address where item is to be shipped...
I will check this before sending.

And I think that is all...

To enter simply post here and say you're in.

Last edited:
Very cool of you, I plan on doing a similar give away at my 1000 post.
I'm in, thanks for the chance and Happy Holidays

So after approval from a mod to clarify some uncertainty regarding the rules in lieu of the new contest...

In lieu of, or in respect of?
'In lieu of' is used to mean 'instead of', or literally, in place of (stead being a synonym of place and French lieu anyway, I realize).
No offence, t.

In lieu of, or in respect of?
'In lieu of' is used to mean 'instead of', or literally, in place of (stead being a synonym of place and French lieu anyway, I realize).
No offence, t.

I was correct in my usage of "lieu", as in, "in lieu (instead) of the new subforum, I am hosting a GAW here in GD open to everyone", (because in the gaw subforum registeted users cant participate), but my punctuation to end the previous statement was void... Fixed.

Cool giveaway! I'll throw my hat into the ring for a chance

oops. Looks like I'm well below the number of posts needed. Still a cool giveaway!

I'll give it a go. Thanks! Already have about a hundred ideas, in case I win. :D

Cool giveaway! I'll throw my hat into the ring for a chance

oops. Looks like I'm well below the number of posts needed. Still a cool giveaway!

Yeah, sorry 'bout that, but rules is rules; have to at least try and minimize any attempts at folks creating multiple accounts for multiple entries... 11 posts a day between now and Christmas you can still make the cut!

I am in. I myself gave away a Mini Barrage when I got a modified Volli in a pay it forward giveaway, and I'm thinking of giving away another knife. If I win the giveaway I will definitely find something decent to host a giveaway for.

Thanks for the chance, it is definitely a cool idea for a giveaway.

Back