Christmas special for 12/1-- Pix, Swords Knives awesome buys

I was 40 once................................heavy sigh............................

I appreciate everyone forgetting to buy the 12 3/4 inch 12 ounce Cherokee Rose by Kumar. Satisal wood with beautiful checkers work. Leather sheath. $88

Got the dd yesterday.

Love these perfect balance bowies.

I have been giving the Bamboo Cutter a total workout on Eastern red cedar and it is really doing the job. The rounded tip is great in this application, as often you will be digging that tip into the dirt and the Farm Knife and Farm AK don't really like that (edge damage) and the Bamboo Cutter just shrugs that treatment right off.

It's cutting power is crazy good, but it is very heavy. I can't work it too long before I gotta rest. It's really just built for a larger fella than me, I guess, haha.
But if the handle was slimmed down a little and we lost a half pound or so maybe...just some random thoughts here. Happy with my purchase and all my HI gifts have been a big hit so far! :thumbsup:

Ok Kiteman you’re making a believer out of me. I don’t “need” another knife but you’re review is making me want one!:(

Ok Kiteman you’re making a believer out of me. I don’t “need” another knife but you’re review is making me want one!:(
George, I finally had beat on the Bamboo Cutter long enough that it was time to touch up that edge. I've been getting a lot of little trees cut lately, haha.

Upon a quick glance, it seemed like I had a lot of chipping, but I was wrong, as a very light stoning brought it right back. A little pocket stone quickly brought the edge right back.

I got a new Gransfor Bruks axe for Christmas, but I haven't even used it yet because the BC is such an effective chopper. The longer blade means less bending over than with the Farm AK or Farm Knife so my back likes that, but so much heavier than the Tamang! I wonder if HI could do a BC with fullers...

HI has done lighter weight Bamboo Cutters in the past, though they look very different from the current model.

This one, made by Young Sher, is 21" overall length and 32 oz. The bent handle is quite distinctive. I got it seven years ago from another forumite, so it's at least that old.

BambooCutter21-YoungSher32oz-for-dave-03.jpg

Back