CK Exclusive: Fox Cutlery "Recoil" Gunstock

Walk and talk is a little smooshy but not bad.
Good description. I would prefer if it actually stopped at the half stop when closing, but I’ll give a pass until it bites me. After that, too, probably.
Y6iJ7ur.jpg

7qg7aRM.jpg

Was rather expecting, up until I saw pictures of production models, a browner burlap. Not that the frosted mini wheat doesn’t have it’s charm.

RYqZXcC.jpg

I really like that micarta. All 4 of the covers are great choices. I’m beyond happy with the lava. I did debate all the others

Did notice a few small fit and finish goofs. I can see a little daylight between the scale and the bar in the middle. And some very minor scuffs in some locations.

Wear doesn’t concern me. And function is more than great. I am super stoked on this.

Size is great. I’ve never had a pattern like this and the feel is really solid. Also the aggressive clip point is like it was made for m tastes.

the kids like the fox logo, too. 😂

I’ve trikes myself knife collection down to basically one folder and a handful of older slip joints from my childhood, and one GEC my wife gave me. And I’ve been content. Until this model 😝 I’m now content again.

Good description. I would prefer if it actually stopped at the half stop when closing, but I’ll give a pass until it bites me. After that, too, probably.
Y6iJ7ur.jpg

7qg7aRM.jpg

Was rather expecting, up until I saw pictures of production models, a browner burlap. Not that the frosted mini wheat doesn’t have it’s charm.

RYqZXcC.jpg
How is the texture on the micarta? Smooth and polished or a little less "finished" and rougher/bumpier?

I'm actually enjoying the action on the knife.
Like Mike says, it's an easy pull to half stop, then a stronger pull to fully open... nice loud 'snap' open.
Closing is fun too. It does the little waggle at half stop, and then closes softly but solidly into the blade well.
I've noticed the tang is not square but rather cut at an angle to accommodate this special feature.
It's not a traditional blade action, but then it's not really a traditional knife either... so, cool.

How is the texture on the micarta? Smooth and polished or a little less "finished" and rougher/bumpier?

On the smooth side of the spectrum, but not polished. Pretty good amount of tack, and there is just enough texture left to be able to feel it if you’re feeling for it.

Y6iJ7ur.jpg

7qg7aRM.jpg

RYqZXcC.jpg
Love the bright toenails!!!! 😁👍

Eyeing the bone micarta...looks so clean!

Yours might benefit from a flush and pivot adjustment....
I may do that when I have some time. Though it’s not an issue for me right now.

Honestly I’m seriously debating picking up a second one lol.

That linen micarta is calling to me. Stupid temptation 😂

I may do that when I have some time. Though it’s not an issue for me right now.

Honestly I’m seriously debating picking up a second one lol.

That linen micarta is calling to me. Stupid temptation 😂

I ended up with 3 of them..... I'm very pleased with the pattern and execution by Fox..... They certainly know how to build a quality product..... Also kudos to Mike for spearheading the effort.......

I ended up with 3 of them..... I'm very pleased with the pattern and execution by Fox..... They certainly know how to build a quality product..... Also kudos to Mike for spearheading the effort.......
*clippointing* the effort. ;)

Got my bone micarta in today and jumped right in with the dye job. The pic makes it look better than it is and the pile side is a disaster 😂. The micarta just didn’t take as much color as I thought it would. Love the knife! It’s really satisfying to open and close and came stupid sharp. Any ideas what I can try on the scales? CBFC576A-CCC3-4FBF-915F-96262D7B9628.jpeg

496B0129-89B1-4FD3-A2E7-01D172294B3D.jpegBeen carrying this one since it’s arrival. I do like the lava carbon fiber. Overall solid construction, easily pinchable, nice action, sharp from the factory, my only complaint would be slight uneven transitions between the handle material and bolsters.

My bocote recoil arrives tuesday. I cant wait.

Mike is killing me with these modern traditionals.
Now I will have multiple barlows, a 2 blade jack, a bestman and a recoil. I think the sowbelly is next.

Back