CK Viper swayback 2.0

I knew I would like this BF knife so I reserved the burl and micarta. I am going to let a friend pick one and I will keep the other one. Did anyone else order any?

I skipped the forum knife knowing these were coming. Ordered the burl, which is the same cover I voted for during the polls.

Thanks for taking care of us wood cover fans Mike! :)

In for a burl. Expecting great things. Not the biggest fan of the swayback pattern but the exceptional wood choice, excellent construction and M390 made me want to try one again.

I have a LionSteel Slim Dom with copper scales that makes one heck of a utility knife. These modern constructed traditionals are the cat’s meow in this regard. Practically indestructible and the edge retention is amazing when used with a little common sense. I wouldn't cut shingles or score flashing with it but it does 90% of what I would use a utility knife for and it sure is a heck of a lot more satisfying to use. I am assuming the Viper to be a bit less robust at the tip and a little less suited to this use but I guess I will know in a couple of days.

Last edited:
Could not Resist the Burl!
Also Mike knifeswapper knifeswapper I bought a Lion Steel Ti Dom slim last night from you so feel free to ship together to save on shipping.
The Burl Viper was a impulse buy after receiving your News letter this morning lol or I would of ordered together.But Man that burl looks beautiful!!

Last edited:
It surely is. I came home from the PO Box and opened the box. I have been buying knives since 1977 and I’ve never had a wood handled knife and Mike was right,they are beautiful. I did not know what to expect but what a surprise. I am completely awed by the figuring. Thanks for picking me a beauty Mike

Can’t wait for my Burl to arrive and until then this beauty is warming my heart :D
DVhcHGm.jpg

Back