Photos Classic Motorcycles and Traditional Knives

Me and some riding buddies with our British bikes back in the mid-eighties before the hipsters and materialists latched onto them completely and turned them into "collectors items". Nobody in this photo paid more than $500 for any of these bikes, that is what I paid for the Norton and rode it into the ground.
96715592_2956985627725631_3721617461523513344_o.jpg

Last edited:
From an artistic standpoint, my only suggestion would be to use the red silicone valve cover gaskets.

I recently redid the top end of my Norton and found a gasket had been installed upside-down which blocked an oil passage. We got it back together and experienced a stuck valve on the left exhaust side. So now I need to send off the heads to machine shop to get them worked on. Any recommendations for a machine shop that knows Nortons?
0UaqYzJ.jpg

I recently redid the top end of my Norton and found a gasket had been installed upside-down which blocked an oil passage. We got it back together and experienced a stuck valve on the left exhaust side. So now I need to send off the heads to machine shop to get them worked on. Any recommendations for a machine shop that knows Nortons?
0UaqYzJ.jpg
Could be a good idea to get in touch with INOA

0UaqYzJ.jpg

The first guy I would talk to is Steve Hamel, a Vincent guy in Saint Paul, and former Norton, Triumph and Guzzi dealer. Absolutely top notch Brit work. He might be too Busy or too expensive, but he could direct you somebody good if so. On second thought, most of those guys could take your Norton apart and put it together, but you know how to do that and you have the bike apart. So do what they would do, give your head to Hammie for the machine work and let him do it right.

When I say expensive, that is in relation to other mechanics. Compared to guys who are still payin off the financing on their machine tools, he is a bargain.

Last edited:
Might contact Baxter Cycle in Marne, Iowa. I've never used them, but everything I've ever read about them has been positive and they've been into Brit bikes for decades.
https://www.baxtercycle.com/

The first guy I would talk to is Steve Hamel, a Vincent guy in Saint Paul, and former Norton, Triumph and Guzzi dealer. Absolutely top notch Brit work. He might be too Busy or too expensive, but he could direct you somebody good if so. On second thought, most of those guys could take your Norton apart and put it together, but you know how to do that and you have the bike apart. So do what they would do, give your head to Hammie for the machine work and let him do it right.

When I say expensive, that is in relation to other mechanics. Compared to guys who are still payin off the financing on their machine tools, he is a bargain.
Does Steve have a shop? I did a search and can see that he did have Sterling Cycle, but not sure if that is still open. I did see plenty about his past work and his land speed Bonneville runs.

Last edited:
Does Steve have a shop? I did a search and can see that he did have Sterling Cycle, but not sure if that is still open. I did see plenty about his past work and his land speed Bonneville runs.

Checkmyour PMs in a couple of minutes.

Back