Photos Classic Motorcycles and Traditional Knives

Hope you get it sorted Travman Travman :thumbsup:

Many, maaaaany moons ago used to do it all myself - used to drive my Mum crazy popping bits of motorcycle engine in her oven, running in n out the garage/kitchen door.........leaving grease-monkey paw marks everywhere too :D

Used to have to send off to get the head skimmed, but otherwise, new ph.bronze guides and lapping new valves in was good fun.

Would I do it now - noooo way - LOL...!!

A new little one in the garage with me today. This is my first time I’ve owned one of these 33’s. It feels even smaller in the hand than other knives of the same length because it is very narrow.
K1MjOmG.jpg

If you need info on what machine shop is good to do work on Norton heads etc., Chris Greenbacker from the Nations Capitol Norton Owners (NCNO) could probably hook you up.
He always helped me out with my commando.

Going to get a new tire mounted. In the last thousand miles this one has cupped badly on the sides. Very noticeable when leaned over. The center hit the wear bars, so time for new rubber. I've only had two tires cup badly. This one, and a front Bridgestone on a different bike some years ago. Not sure what causes it. I'm fairly meticulous about air pressure, so...View attachment 1433256
86-tire.JPG

- looking good, Mike :thumbsup: .........very slightly wider section....?

mbkr mbkr
Both are 130/80-17 radials so they're pretty close. There is some variation between brands and models - both of these are Continentals. Probably just the camera angle.
Its taller, which momentarily gave me a , huh, moment until I realized that this one isn't wore out in the center :rolleyes::p

Both are 130/80-17 radials so they're pretty close. There is some variation between brands and models - both of these are Continentals. Probably just the camera angle.
Its taller, which momentarily gave me a , huh, moment until I realized that this one isn't wore out in the center :rolleyes::p

- tyre technology has come on in leaps and bounds, particularly m/cycle tyres. Recall, many many moons ago, wearing off the tops of the lettering on the sidewalls of Avon Roadrunners...........then along came Dunlop TT100's - what a revelation they were :thumbsup::thumbsup: Now, I have tyres with twin compound, like many others.

All good stuff, and particularly important for us 2-wheeled guys ;)

A new little one in the garage with me today. This is my first time I’ve owned one of these 33’s. It feels even smaller in the hand than other knives of the same length because it is very narrow.
K1MjOmG.jpg
Seeing that Dellorto carb reminds me why I took the Bings off my R100S, twist and shout!

I wish I was mature enough to own a motorcycle.
I can only speak for myself but maturity has nothing to do with owning a MC. It’s the opposite. You have to let the little kid in you surface every time you get to twist and shout and have that shit eating grin on your face at the end of a great ride! Ride hard and die free. :)

I can only speak for myself but maturity has nothing to do with owning a MC. It’s the opposite. You have to let the little kid in you surface every time you get to twist and shout and have that shit eating grin on your face at the end of a great ride! Ride hard and die free. :)

- yep, too right.

The sig line on my forum in UK reads:

Owning and riding a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It is more important than that.

The SAK is the Electrician, natch. The Suzuki is my most recent acquisition. Actually, I should be shedding bikes at this point in my life, but I have always had a soft spot for the GS 425/450/500 twins. Got the electrics sorted. Still have to soak the carbs in Pine-Sol. The gal who sold it to me cheap used to production race it, ten years ago was the last time. If there is anything left, it should make a nice runabout.

9171FE17-93FB-4C04-8005-3D9CDC6F270E.jpeg DC848BB6-8F9E-4065-8882-94271F1AF934.jpeg

Back