Clean jokes...

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Gary W. Graley, Feb 17, 2008.

1. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    LOL! I like it. Hopefully I can remember it.

2. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    I wouldn't be comfortable telling this joke; it makes the miracles of the Lord seem like mere parlor tricks for entertainment, instead solemn gifts and signs for the salvation of souls. Also the last line of the joke implies a less than perfect unity between Jesus and His Father, but He said "I and the Father are one". In short, it knocks God down a couple of pegs, and implies He is less than what He said He is, which I would not want to do even as a joke.

3. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Then don’t tell it.

You do have a valid point of view though. Very respectful of our Creator.

4. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I am a saint, the quite opposite is true, and I need His mercy more than most, I think. But I appreciate your response, as I feared it could go a completely different direction.

sabre cat likes this.
  5. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Hey, we all fall short.

Now, back to the jokes.

David Mary likes this.
  6. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    Back to the jokes indeed.

A rabbi, a priest, and an atheist walk into a bar. The atheist turns to the rabbi and priest and asks "Have you guys heard the joke about us?"

7. The Amazing Virginian

The Amazing Virginian Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    You didn't tell it. I did. Don't like it? Then block my posts. My God gave me a sense of humor. And since He made me in His image, I'm pretty sure He has one, too. Sounds like YMMV. Meanwhile, I'll tell my pastor that you didn't like his joke.

sabre cat likes this.
  8. The Amazing Virginian

Feb 24, 2010
    Another golf joke.

Did you hear about the rabbi who sneaked out of town for a secret round of Golf on Saturday afternoon?

God was displeased. So he made sure the rabbi hit two holes in one.

9. The Amazing Virginian

Feb 24, 2010
    Here's another one I heard from a pulpit many years ago . . .

A bishop, a pastor and a minister were waiting in line in front of heaven's pearly gates while St. Peter was reviewing each person's case.

The bishop made his way to the front, and St. Peter said, "I'm sorry, you cannot enter." The bishop asked why, and Peter told him it was because of his excessive love of money. The Bishop responded, "But I tithed every week and gave to the poor - I never became wealthy." Peter said, "That's true, but you never lost your love for money. You thought about money every day of your life. In fact, you loved money so much that you married a woman named Penny! I'm sorry, you cannot enter." Sadly, the bishop turned away.

Then it was the pastor's turn. Again, St. Peter said, "I'm sorry, you cannot enter." The pastor asked why, and Peter told him it was because of his excessive love of booze. The pastor responded, "But I was never a drunk, and I gave up booze completely and never touched a drop for the last two decades of my life." Peter said, "That's true, but you never lost your love for booze. You thought about booze every day of your life. In fact, you loved booze so much that you married a woman named Brandy! I'm sorry, you cannot enter." So the pastor turned away, too.

Well the minister heard all this, and after hearing it he turned to his wife and said, "I guess I might as well leave right now, Fanny."