(Closed) A GAW / Tribute to our friend. Bob - BigBiscuit *Winners added see Post #143*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing GAW! For an amazing man. Thanks to all who are making it happen. I'm in!

I'm far more of a reader than active poster. But in my time around the porch I've had several interactions with Bob and read countless interactions he had with others. He is truly a great man that has time and time again put others before himself.

If I were lucky enough to win; I'd be honered to use and remember Bob and how he treated others.

My interactions with bob were so infrequent that he probably doesn't even remember me. But that's the great thing about going out of your way to show love for others, your life's impact can be far greater than you'd ever imagin.

Best of luck Bob. Kick that cancers rear. Prayers for strength and peace for you and your family.

Jim

I'm in and it's an honor. Thank you, Ron, Duncan, and Paul, for doing this, along with all your other tributes to Bob.

Bob is one of the great gentlemen of this forum, who stands out even in a place where there are so many. I've bought knives from Bob (a couple shown below), and it is such a pleasure to deal with him---straight up, friendly, knowledgeable, and a real pro in the best sense of the word.

I also like to tinker with my knives a little, although I have nowhere near Bob's skill level. But he has encouraged me in these modest efforts, and a word of praise from Bob can truly make your day.

Thank you, Bob, for setting such a great example for all of us here on the porch. You are an inspiration in every way.

Andrew

QlHoY8Rl.jpg

Wow. Just yet another reason why this is an amazing little corner of the Internet. Full of sincere kindness, generosity, and just amazing individuals that make up the porch. I'm in on this wonderfully generous GAW.

Bob, I've never had the pleasure of dealing with you personally in any knife interactions here but reading your posts, seen others posts about you and all that you've done and continue to bring to this group I can truly say it makes me smile EVERYTIME. :D

Just keep on being yourself and thank you.

In, I wish you the best. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Bob,
You are an inspiration to me personally. I would be honored to be part of this tribute from your wonderful friends.
I am in.
Mark

I'm in, in honor of Bob. This is an inexpensive novelty knife of my baseball hero when I was growing up. Bob is a big Red Sox fan and David Ortiz is just 2 homers away from tying Mickey's 536. I know that should put a smile on your face Bob. Here's to you, baseball, knives and friends. My best to you.

Alan

Well, I'll play. My knife dealings with Bob were something like this. Bob wanted to purchase my sawcut (I think it was) beer scout. He said he was a little shy on cash, I said no problem, and made it doable. We agreed, like buddies did on the playground when trading baseball cards in the 7th grade, that if he ever was parting with a knife that I wanted he'd knock the same off for me. Just two men of their word making it fun and enjoyable for each other. Thanks Bob, I enjoy reading your posts and watching you modify your knives. It takes guts to take a canvas northfield barlow and start grinding on the handle (I think that was you anyhow).

When I'm old and my grandkids come to see the old man, I hope they ask to see this one, a duplicate of my first GEC, and my most favorite:

TK%20Cuban-Copperhead%20Jigged%20Bone_zpsq3et5bb0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I posted this pic before. :D

Bob, I don't remember that photo (but that doesn't mean much anymore :rolleyes:). I do have some vague recollection of a story about you and Ted Williams. Is that an accurate memory? Anyway, that's a memorable ball, and I "recognize" the signature because my first ball glove, at about age 6 or 7, was a Ted-Williams-signed model from Sears. I absolutely loved that glove, but I got a bigger, supposedly better, one in high school and have no idea what happened to that first one. :(

- GT

You haven't completely lost it yet Gary. :D I did include a story with that pic about how I obtained Ted's autograph. ;)

I'm in.

Bob is a class act for sure. Bob contacted me after reading about how I had been searching for (whining about not having) a particular knife. He offered his user to me at a sharp discount, and I've been appreciative ever since. I think of his generosity everytime I pickup that knife.

I've never named any of my knives....but, in this case, and in tribute, I will name it Bob.

Say hello to Bob

Well, I do not meet the requirements so I am not in, however I will certainly keep Bob and his family in my prayers.
Thanks for you guys doing this.

Yeah.... Bob the knife is good - thats actually real good, I hope you continue to call that knife and get to know that knife as Bob - Im pretty sure that you will get to love that knife even more because the knife HAS a name - and a good name at that.

That's a keeper for sure Bob, especially considering his reputation. Even a Yankees fan has to smile at that.

Alan

I will. I just got home from being away for a week. Put my moderns away, and grabbed Bob and put him in my pocket. [emoji3]

Well, I'll play. My knife dealings with Bob were something like this. Bob wanted to purchase my sawcut (I think it was) beer scout. He said he was a little shy on cash, I said no problem, and made it doable. We agreed, like buddies did on the playground when trading baseball cards in the 7th grade, that if he ever was parting with a knife that I wanted he'd knock the same off for me. Just two men of their word making it fun and enjoyable for each other. Thanks Bob, I enjoy reading your posts and watching you modify your knives. It takes guts to take a canvas northfield barlow and start grinding on the handle (I think that was you anyhow).

When I'm old and my grandkids come to see the old man, I hope they ask to see this one, a duplicate of my first GEC, and my most favorite:

TK%20Cuban-Copperhead%20Jigged%20Bone_zpsq3et5bb0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Really nicely finished and used knife there! Is that a single-spring Cuban Pen? A tribute to a gent like Bob:cool::thumbup:

Thanks, Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back