(Closed) A GAW / Tribute to our friend. Bob - BigBiscuit *Winners added see Post #143*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in.

Bob, I entered your name with a request for improved health in the prayer book at my church. I also enjoyed reading many of your posts. Thank you for sharing the useful information.

Jerry

I'm pretty new here, so I have not had the pleasure yet of a direct interaction with Bob, but I have noticed the impact he's had on this forum, and more importantly - the folks on the forum.

Bob, thank you for all you've done here. It's obvious that your influence is a thread woven through the wisdom, kindness, and generosity that is so prevalent on this forum.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here are the winners for this tribute GAW. Picked by random generator in Excel.

I will contact Winner #1 RobbW Post #106. He will have 1st choice of the 3 knives. After Robb makes his choice,

I will contact Winner #2 abcdef Post #21 He will have 2nd choice between the 2 remaining knives. After his choice,

I will contact Winner #3 mrknife Post #16 He will receive the remaining knife.

On behalf of Paul, Duncan and myself, Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to all of you for helping us to honor our friend Bob Bendell aka BigBiscuit

RobbW has chosen the #77 Washington Jack in Smooth Ivory Bone. Congratulations Robb.
Please PM or email me your address info and I will get it in the mail Monday.

abcdef has chosen the TC Barlow. I will forward your info to Paul for shipment of your knife. Congratulations David.

mrknife you have won the beautiful 73 Stag. Congratulations Jack. Jack please send me your mailing address so we can get your knife to you.

Last edited:
Outstanding and wonderful gaw gentlemen. Congrats to the winners.

Bob, you're loved brother.

Last edited:
woooooo! congrats to the winners :D

and thank you all for this generous GAW, Ron, Paul, Duncan! :thumbup:

Hey everyone congrats! Everyone that posted, well done. Good pics of knives, heartwarming stories, and brilliant positivity. What more could you ask for. (Winning would be cool, but that's really not why everyone here posted, is it) sunshine daydreams. :D
Thanks, Neal
Ps-durn spellcheck

Congrats to the winners! Way to go, Half/Stop for being a generous soul and to Bob and the rest of you for making this place the best spot on the internet!

Once again, Great GAW! Such a great idea and worthy cause, congrats to the winners!!

Congrats to the winners, ya all won some nice prizes! A special thanks to the sponsors of this GAW and also to those who entered! Let's keep our friend Bob in our prayers.

Congrats to the winners: RobbW, abcdef, and mrknife!! :thumbup::thumbup: Looking forward to hearing about who chose what from that fantastic list of "prizes".
And 3 cheers (each :D) to Ron, Paul, and Duncan for putting this exceptional GAW together!! :cool::cool:

- GT

Ron, Paul & Duncan: A heartfelt thank you to each of you for your generosity, and for putting Bob in the forefront of our thoughts and hearts. I've been touched as I've read over the different accounts and experiences members have had with Bob. He is truly one-of-a-kind, and has inspired and been generous with so many here. Thanks to you, too, Bob for inspiring such friendship here.:thumbup:

Each is these knives is a gem and stands out in its own way. One in gorgeous stag from GEC's early days, two mementos of Charlie's involvement in popularizing patterns that had been overlooked and discontinued from production. Each one is truly exceptional. In the end though, the Smooth Ivory Bone of the Washington Jack calls out to me the most. The 77 is my choice.

Thanks again to Ron, Paul, Duncan & Bob, and to everyone here who is rooting for Bob. :thumbup:

Congrats to the winners. This was a memorable, epic GAW! And a huge Thank You to Ron, Paul, and Duncan.

Wow- Where do I start?
RobbW, abcdef and mrknife - Congratulations guys, Im not too sure just how Robb chose between those three knives- Oh man- they are three beauties, That 77 Washington Jack is SUCH an amazing knife- Brilliant choice- gifted by a brilliant Forum/Porch member.
I want to take the time to thank Bob - for being Bob, his good mate Ron ( and all of ours )- Paul - just another great guy who everybody so rightfully likes - thank you for your awesome generosity - it was an easy thing for me to step on your guys coat Tails and take the ride.

Also, behind the scenes - trying to get this going was really really hard, Poor Frank and Gary trying their best to do what we originally wanted - that was to follow in our very good mates footsteps ( Randy ), but legalities and pm's flying all around- it was taxing on the Mods -so to Frank and Gary - thank you for your patience and help.

Next - to the extremely awesome people who have been "stepping up to the plate" as one such generous fellow described it, and selling their knives to help Bob - THANK YOU.

This place is amazing, so everyone involved- lets keep the good thing going for our mate Bob.

This ol' porch aint to badda place eh!

Heres a photo of the last Rendezvous meeting, Charlie, Lyle, John and the guys having a gather - must admit together they did make the place look a bit scruffy!

Wishing the best for Bob. I chose the Barlow. Thanks to the donors and all the fine folks here on the porch.

Congrats to the winners, and hats off to Ron, Paul, and Duncan for their work and generosity in making this happen.:thumbup:

And continued thoughts and prayers for our friend, Bob, who is the finest example of a gentleman and first class knife guy.

Andrew

CONGRATS to the winners. I am so proud to call so many here "friend" such truly great folks here on the Porch. Everyone is there for one another...a great trait that gets lost in this day and age. Bob is the epitome of everything good here:thumbup:

What a special thing to read all the heartfelt well wishes for Bob in addition to all the nice things Bob has done for so many. We are all enriched for knowing Bob and being among such fine folks. It doesn't quit just because the GAW ends as many still reach out to continue helping Bob and others who need our help...that's what we do:thumbup:

Thanks Gary and Frank as we all worked to tweak this GAW so it could come to fruition. Many PM's and emails were sent back and forth to make this happen. Ron thank you for not only the write up of this GAW but the other revisions included to make it work:thumbup:

Duncan, you were such a driving force to make this happen, glad to be part of this with you and Ron.

Great, folks, great deeds and great knives...again, so proud to be a member here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back