CLOSED, PRE-ORDER, DEK1, DEK2, DEK3

I've been thinking about getting away from the pre-order system.

View attachment 1963115

It would be simpler to make what I want, when I want and sell what I want on whatever schedule works best for us. There really is no good business reason to do pre-orders and they make our business less adaptable due to the scheduling obligations that are necessary. It made a lot of sense when we were smaller and we had all these restrictions in our manufacturing process where our inventory was limited, sales were very brisk and there was advantages for everybody to take orders and scale things up.

The problem with pre-order is, once I have your money you are reasonably entitled to schedules and updates. I don't want to be in that position anymore. It's not fair to you guys and it's not how I want to operate. I think it's time to change our model and do things like the SDFK where we simply make product and sell it on Fridays. Easy peasy.

I don’t blame you!
If I were in your position, I would do EXACTLY what made me the happiest. Loving what you do only works till what you do becomes a job that is painful and then becomes unsatisfying. I like to fish but wouldn’t want to have to do it rain or shine to make a living. You guys worked hard to build this and over time things inevitably change so one must adapt. Your products will continue to be highly sought after so change it to be as you desire “today” after having tried it other ways.
Possibly updating the website (if it needs it) so that you can drop the knives whenever you feel the right moment is and let people buy them there. When they’re gone, they’re gone until you drop more. Kinda puts you out of having to play the sale game.
Just a thought but you most certainly should make yourself as happy and stress free as possible.
Edit: you could even separately offer things like scales, fasteners and such for guys who want options.

Last edited:
I don’t blame you!
If I were in your position, I would do EXACTLY what made me the happiest. Loving what you do only works till what you do becomes a job that is painful and then becomes unsatisfying. I like to fish but wouldn’t want to have to do it rain or shine to make a living. You guys worked hard to build this and over time things inevitably change so one must adapt. Your products will continue to be highly sought after so change it to be as you desire “today” after having tried it other ways.
Possibly updating the website (if it needs it) so that you can drop the knives whenever you feel the right moment is and let people buy them there. When they’re gone, they’re gone until you drop more. Kinda puts you out of having to play the sale game.
Just a thought but you most certainly should make yourself as happy and stress free as possible.
I considered you a fine new member until you went and dug this up.

Back