Coffee

We are loving it here so far
Welcome to the City of Crosses "Las Cruces"...Land of "Green Chile & Pecans". You can't turn around in this valley without tripping over a Pecan Tree:D:D:D

Welcome to the City of Crosses "Las Cruces"...Land of "Green Chile & Pecans". You can't turn around in this valley without tripping over a Pecan Tree:D:D:D
Thank you! It has been interesting watching the farming methods here, very different than back in GA. The pecan trees are everywhere, it’s a nice touch of greenery with all the brown. I love that you can get chilies on everything, lots of good food around town.

Thank you! It has been interesting watching the farming methods here, very different than back in GA. The pecan trees are everywhere, it’s a nice touch of greenery with all the brown. I love that you can get chilies on everything, lots of good food around town.
With "Chile" here there are 2 choices....Red or Green...although there is the "Christmas" Option with 1/2 Red-1/2 Green...Chile on Everything Including "I'll try that Chocolate Cake can you put some Green Chile on it Please"!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I'm down here in the Valley by Mesilla away from the center of the City:cool::cool:

25% off your order!! Use code “25” at check out on Iron Beans website!!
#coffeestimulus

thank mono - 3 more lbs headed my way. This grocery store stuff is killing me. going with thor, loki, and integrity on this order
Wife picked up some barissimo brand or something from Aldi - i was hoping for a hidden gem, but instead it was a dud - shame we got 3 packs of it

With "Chile" here there are 2 choices....Red or Green...although there is the "Christmas" Option with 1/2 Red-1/2 Green...Chile on Everything Including "I'll try that Chocolate Cake can you put some Green Chile on it Please"!!!!:eek::eek::eek: I'm down here in the Valley by Mesilla away from the center of the City:cool::cool:
I know I prefer Xmas and Ive tried Chile on things I never would have thought needed Chile lol. We are currently renting in Picacho hills area until where we figure out where we might like to live. So far we are enjoying this side of town. Once all this virus craziness is over we should go grab a coffee or a beer sometime.

Just ordered from Blue Macaw Coffee.
Has any body tried before?
Kenya AA Kahindu Estate
Costa Rican La Pastora Tarrazu
Colombian Santa Barbara
Guatemalan SHB Ceylan Rainforest

Blue Macaw Coffee did create a shipping label in less than 1 hour and said it was being shipped, so that's a plus.

Looks good. My only concerns would be the coffee hopper size, and if I could get a Gold tone micro filter to fit.
I have a commercial Bunn with a larger coffee hopper. I fill the grounds to the max (sometimes over) and still use 3/4 water to make it strong enough. For convenience I use this.
lXjIAml.jpg

yp048NC.jpg

I've tried most ways.
I've got two more (old)commercial Bunn's at work stored . From the Industrial tech Dept.
I have them as backup..Maybe I'll do a give-a -way..

Last edited:
Well I took a hard left from running the coffee shop. To make sure I could pay my employees and keep the business running during this shutdown. Lots of stuff is closing for good in small towns like mine. Lucky for me Target was coming after me for the ETL HR position in the local store and the pay is a significant increase from what I was paying myself anyways! We will see at the end of the year if the shop is open and if I own it. Have a meeting with some investors about equity options this Wednesday. Not sure why I felt I should share this with you guys but here it is regardless haha. I hope you guys are weathering all this crazy well yourselves.

Looks like it gets good reviews. My only issue with it would be the glass carafe with hot plate. I'd rather have a thermal carafe. I think @SpyderPhreak has posted a link before of recommended auto-drip makers, but I can't remember exactly what it was.

I personally use a manual #6 filter cone over a thermal carafe when I want a large amount of coffee at once. I think the carafe is 2 liters and my water kettle will just about fill it up.

Well I took a hard left from running the coffee shop. To make sure I could pay my employees and keep the business running during this shutdown. Lots of stuff is closing for good in small towns like mine. Lucky for me Target was coming after me for the ETL HR position in the local store and the pay is a significant increase from what I was paying myself anyways! We will see at the end of the year if the shop is open and if I own it. Have a meeting with some investors about equity options this Wednesday. Not sure why I felt I should share this with you guys but here it is regardless haha. I hope you guys are weathering all this crazy well yourselves.

I know this has been terrible for restaurants, coffee shops, salons, and other similar businesses. Hope things turn around soon and that you're able to keep it open. We have been able to stay open at work because we make food products and it's a store/take out type business. Things definitely slowed down from what they would have been for a big holiday like Easter, though.

I hate to say it but the postal business is BOOMING! I just hope they can keep us safe.
@Y’shua I hope things work out for you bud.

I hate to say it but the postal business is BOOMING! I just hope they can keep us safe.
@Y’shua I hope things work out for you bud.
Keep seeing on my facebook that the postal service is going bankrupt and mail is down 60%. The $10bil wasn't enough? Lol

Back