Coffee

Ok- My package has been sent! What a busy time of year. Now that mine was sent I was able to open the package I received from Ryan and I have to say I am humbled by the generosity- thank you! Pictures to come.
That Ryan…..

Anything from George Howell is a nice (not cheap!) treat. Invest in a nice adjustable burr grinder, my gaggia is going on 20 years old and still grinds like a champ.

+1 on African coffees Ethiopian yrgachef is my favorite for a sweeter fruitier bean. For darker roasts the south american beans work great for me as does mexico.

For regular store bought I often mix cafe bustelo with Starbucks medium roast.
Agree on the Ethiopian lighter roasts. Go for the natural method beans, dried with fruit left on so the beans so end up with a little more of those berry notes infused. Light roast preserves the delicacy and keeps the caffeine level higher as well.

I think my Secret Santa arrived. I did a 12 hour shift today at the old post office. I will open it after a shower and some dinner.

Ryan,
All the Best to you and yours..
I still play cribbage on that Beautiful board you made.

I’m going to own up to regifting the fixed blade from a previous year’s Secret Santa exchange. Robert Erickson replaced the broken handle scales on it with some nice ancient bog oak ones and I wanted to let someone have this who would use and appreciate it.
I've been keeping an eye out for a Bird and Trout, so I'm stoked! It will definitely see some use. Tried the Roastery 7 breakfast blend today, multifaceted flavor and rocket fuel kick! Awesome stuff.

Back