Coffee

I'll consider it.

I'm not really a coffee nut. I have my usual I make with the Nespresso Vertuo. I won it in a contest at work.

I miss coffee most mornings, a few months ago I stopped drinking coffee and my blood pressure went to a normal level and I am trying to 'clean' up the smile as it shows some darkening from all the years of drinking coffee. Also stopped drinking any sodas but that was several years ago as well.
The blood pressure was a surprise, didn't stop because of it but when I went in for a checkup I always had high blood pressure which the doc/nurse would shake their head, but this last time it was about perfect and I attributed it to quitting coffee.
So I envy you guys and gals with your coffee, and when my wife and I are out to dinner and I can smell the coffee from a table away, it has to feel like when a smoker that quit smoking smells someone smoking from across the room, they breathe in the aroma and enjoy it from a distance ;)

G2

I miss coffee most mornings, a few months ago I stopped drinking coffee and my blood pressure went to a normal level and I am trying to 'clean' up the smile as it shows some darkening from all the years of drinking coffee. Also stopped drinking any sodas but that was several years ago as well.
The blood pressure was a surprise, didn't stop because of it but when I went in for a checkup I always had high blood pressure which the doc/nurse would shake their head, but this last time it was about perfect and I attributed it to quitting coffee.
So I envy you guys and gals with your coffee, and when my wife and I are out to dinner and I can smell the coffee from a table away, it has to feel like when a smoker that quit smoking smells someone smoking from across the room, they breathe in the aroma and enjoy it from a distance ;)

G2

Come to coffee thread and tell us you quit! You might as well go to GKD and say you’re done buying knives.

J/K
Glad it has helped you G2!

Yah, I expected something like that ;) and well deserved I guess, but wanted to share my experience that might help someone else. And, by the way, I am trying to 'cut' down my knife buying, a serious habit that is hard to break!
G2

G2

There are lots of health things I'd change before giving up coffee!

I don't know what you do or what you eat but for many Americans, cutting back even a little, on carbs, eliminating artificial ingredients, or switching over to healthier fats like olive oil or butter from grass-fed cows can go a long way.

I was never much of a coffee drinker, and after my two strokes had to slow get acclimated to caffeine. For four years it was tea only. This year I started going to Starbucks occasionally as I was getting worn out from work.

We have a Nespresso Vertuo at home and I've been able to work my way up to two shots of espresso. I make it iced, with almond milk and sugar free vanilla and caramel syrup.

It takes me most of the day to drink it. I usually don't need it, but the previous 3 weeks have seen me staying late at work and I definitely needed the pick me up. Thankfully work has slowed down, at least this week.

Chronovore Chronovore

I use butter from grass fed cows, cook with coconut oil, and have (somewhat) reduced my carb intake. I try to get at least a half mile walk in every day after lunch.

One of the things that has greatly helped my health and stress is acupuncture. I firmly believe in using both eastern and western medicine. Acupuncture gave me the feeling back in my lower legs and feet after the second stroke.

My acupuncturist is also a licensed herbalist, and I use an oil on my legs and low back every night to keep my muscles loose. Having restless legs syndrome means they are always tight in the morning and throughout the day, until I started using this.

Maintaining good health and using preventative measures goes a long way toward keeping you healthy. In December I'll be 5 years cancer free, and 5 years since the second stroke.

Anyway, as far as coffee goes, I really Iike blonde espresso. I will never be a person who can drink black coffee. I don't like bitter food and drink. So I doctor it up and go with it.

I use butter from grass fed cows, cook with coconut oil, and have (somewhat) reduced my carb intake. I try to get at least a half mile walk in every day after lunch.

I mostly use butter from grass-fed cows and good olive oil, with a little coconut oil here and there. Just that and a mild effort to dodge questionable additives ended up making a noticeable difference over time.

Proper supplementation can help too. Modern lifestyles can lead to low D levels and that seems to be a major contributor to various health issues.

Reducing carbs is a good idea for most people. Most Americans get way more than they need, myself included. (I say that as I crunch on a piece of toast.) 😅

One of the things that has greatly helped my health and stress is acupuncture. I firmly believe in using both eastern and western medicine. Acupuncture gave me the feeling back in my lower legs and feet after the second stroke.

Congratulations!

I've never really looked into acupuncture so I can't say much about it. One thing we know for sure is that reducing overall stress can be a help to the body. In addition to any direct physical benefits, that also seems to play a role in massage therapy or practices like Tai Chi.

Back