COHUTTA PICS

Your question mirrors my earlier observation of pics posted without identifying the model. The Strebig does not have a finger guard at the bottom of the ricasso. I'm not certain which model that is without matching it to the Cohutta Model Specs thread.
It’s a variant of Russell’s Tioga. An outstanding knife.

Full Size Streibig??
Your question mirrors my earlier observation of pics posted without identifying the model. The Strebig does not have a finger guard at the bottom of the ricasso. I'm not certain which model that is without matching it to the Cohutta Model Specs thread.
It’s a variant of Russell’s Tioga. An outstanding knife.

Good question. I don't know what it is either LOL!
It's actually a prototype: Has a Tioga handle, ... but the blade shape has a little more drop and less belly. Its a cross between a Tioga, a Bushcraft Classic, and Bearpen... A "Bushy Bear Toe" maybe?

Last edited:
Incoming Strebig ...

9qGqeQJ.jpg

And here it is.

xEIqwqc.jpg

YYkuDxo.jpg

It's the large Strebig, 4-inch blade size version. At bottom is the distal taper of the full tang. I love the blade profile. The brute de forge markings define the spine on 4mm stock going down to a full flat grind. Thin enough behind the edge to make a very sharp slicer. Stout enough for heavy work. It was the sharpest edge I have ever received. Fit and finish are exemplary.

Last edited:
And here it is.

xEIqwqc.jpg

YYkuDxo.jpg

At bottom is the distal taper of the full tang. It's the large Strebig, 4-inch blade size version. I love that blade profile. The brute de forge markings define the spine on 4mm stock going down to a full flat grind. Thin enough behind the edge to make a very sharp slicer. Stout enough for heavy work. It was the sharpest edge I have ever received.
:eek: OH MAN!! that's a gorgeous C Cohutta Strebig. :cool:

For about the past 10 years my girls have got me a summer sausage and cheese package for Christmas. A couple days later we eat it together and it’s become a favorite tradition of mine. This year Russell’s Tellico did the honors.

nice plate

I purchased my first Cohutta knife at the beginning of 2018. Since then, Russell has graduated from the apprentice program and has continued to create awesome knives. Wishing him many more years of success!

A few Cohutta pics from 2018.....

Utility and Toccoa (my first Cohutta)

Patch

Mini-Strebig

32749929608_a95fd100c2_h.jpg

I've been waiting a while for the sun to show itself here in Georgia so I could get some pictures of this beauty in that light. This is C Cohutta 's Bushcraft Classic in Tasmanian Blackwood, and when I first held this knife, the handle's thickness really stood out to me. It's much rounder and thicker than most every other knife I own. My initial impression was that it was too much to hold on to. Then I used it, and that impression changed completely. I was shocked at how comfortable the handle felt during actual use. If you like thicker handles on your knives (and even if you don't), I recommend giving the Bushcraft Classic a try.

32749915288_0763bdb672_h.jpg

45899853924_355c08f73a_h.jpg

I had to make a new tent stake to replace a broken one used to tie down a tarp. After this, I fire hardened the point (just because).
46624002671_5f2e582f2e_h.jpg

39659198093_5a88b7319e_h.jpg

Back