Cold Steel 2021 New Knives

I have heard rumors (you know what they say!) about whats new coming out for 2021?

Apart from the trailmaster in 3v I have herd the Talwar might be coming back?

What does anyone else know or have heard of????

I wonder if a satin blade American Lawman is in the works. If nothing else, a dealer ought to work a deal to offer that as an exclusive
Yes please, just do it already Cold Steel goddammit!
Hope they don't do it as exclusive though. Enough of that Spyderco exclusive BS. They even started making different blade style exclusive...

I wonder if a satin blade American Lawman is in the works. If nothing else, a dealer ought to work a deal to offer that as an exclusive
didn't a Canadian dealer or some dealer did one in a recon 1, I think it was. i say Canadian as for some reason it was hard to get here and sold out real quick, i seem to remember. was a really great version......im amazed no dealer here has done this yet.....

yeah recon 1, lawman would be great. even a lawman in a slightly bigger blade version id dig on. id be all over that......if they would sand the finish under the clip and not have it so tight it takes 2 hands to put in your pocket.:)

Hey it loosens up just fine with a few weeks use
yeah not really. I have to put 3 to 5 pennies for days under the clip to allow for one handed in and out use of pocket. also have to sand the scales under the clip down on mine to not shred pockets.

I wonder how much it would increase the prices if you could build your own knife on the website like Buck does. You can do that for everything from cars to kitchens these days don't know why it's so hard for knife manufacturers.

I wonder how much it would increase the prices if you could build your own knife on the website like Buck does. You can do that for everything from cars to kitchens these days don't know why it's so hard for knife manufacturers.
it would be hard and expensive, I would think. since cold steel doesn't have their own factory here in the usa under their direct control, far as I know, like Buck does. even Buck only does a handful of models.

You can only when you manufacture your own knife and you have a team of people assembling the different combination of custom order on-demand. Coldsteel doesn’t make their own knife so this is going to be pretty hard to execute. Not to mention I suspect different models are made by different manufacturers across within Taiwan and China.

The other challenge is the amount of SKUs this is going to create for the different color/materials of the handle and blade part. Again, very costly to maintain unless you own the manufacturing facility.

Even if you have the above, in order to make it financially feasible, you’ll need to have enough volume to have a decent margin, so you can only do it for very few very popular models. Which mean you need to have a very popular and enduring classic model, like the benchmade griptilian, bugout, Spyderco paramilitary 2, para 3 etc. Unfortunately IMO CS has not produced any “enduring classic” design in recent years, most of the new folder models are either very niche or get discontinued very quickly.

TL;DR - it’s not easy setting up a factory custom shop for folders, unless CS does vertical integration, like Benchmade, which requires a lot of capital.

Back