Cold Steel AD 10

Not sure about the custom AD-10s, but on my 4-Max and CS AD-10, there is a space between the hole and the blade, meaning that a pin wouldn't actually make contact with the blade, so the blade can still move a bit before it hits the pin. So it may add some safety if the blade were to disengage for some reason and start to close, but it's not going to wedge the blade open to call it a fixed blade.
Unless when disassembled you can slide the pin in and with the pin having some sort of wedge that would fill the gap between the blade and the pin , then reassemble. I see what your saying though without a modified pin there’s to much space although it would still stop the blade from folding completely back on you I would think .

Unless when disassembled you can slide the pin in and with the pin having some sort of wedge that would fill the gap between the blade and the pin , then reassemble. I see what your saying though without a modified pin there’s to much space although it would still stop the blade from folding completely back on you I would think .

Not sure if it would fit quite right, but easiest thing would be like a thick washer that fits between the liners and matches the curve of the choil. But would only work if the hole is centered in relation to the radius of the choil. Otherwise would need a custom fit piece.

Not sure about the custom AD-10s, but on my 4-Max and CS AD-10, there is a space between the hole and the blade, meaning that a pin wouldn't actually make contact with the blade, so the blade can still move a bit before it hits the pin. So it may add some safety if the blade were to disengage for some reason and start to close, but it's not going to wedge the blade open to call it a fixed blade.
Yes, that is correct. Still, that's what I recall him saying it was for...

how about ad10 vs manix xl
ad10.jpg

I received a 4-MAX Friday, and while being a very nice and very usable knife, it’s not on the same f&f level as my AD10. The AD10 is on the same level as my Spyderco Gayle Bradley2. Maybe even a tad better than the TaiChung Spydie. The AD10 definitely had the better edge grind out of the box.

That's odd, there was another source that also had the old price but was out of stock, when I checked again when it was in stock, the price matched everyone elses. I wonder if that place will honor the older price?
Good deal if it does...of course, it does makes selling mine harder ;)
G2

I had ordered an AD-10 and AD-15 on-line at the old price along w/a P3 blk digi camo in early May. I got the Spydie and a note that the Cold Steels were out of stock and would ship when they arrived. They updated my on-line order showing the CS's were out of stock. I figured it was a way to get out of honoring the old prices and considered the matter closed. Drop now has the AD-10 @$150, been thinking hard about getting it, only 1 day left. My wife comes home today w/a package, it's the AD-10 I ordered a few weeks ago, I was charged $139. They finally got some in and shipped the 10 at the old price.
I like big knives but this is a TANK, fortunately my oldest son's b-day is coming up and he likes big knives too. Last b-day I got him a ZT 0920, he works for the city and uses his knives quite a bit.
Now wondering if the -15 is going to come in, I may hang onto that one if it does, we'll see.

I like the looks of the AD10 except for that large clip. May still pick one up to try it out.

The clip works well and feels good in the hand just kinda bright
G2

It looks the same, except the grind is flat instead of hollow. Other than that, no changes. Heres a pic of the blade
https://imgur.com/a/GuJYn83
Apparently, they saw all the posts saying the hollow grind takes away from the hard use aspect. Personally, I would prefer the hollow grind, but it still cuts damn good considering how beefy it is. I had a brain fart and forgot about the no posting the name of the dealer, so they removed the original post. Sorry guys..I haven't used the forums in quite awhile and just plain forgot.

Reactions: AF
Apparently, they saw all the posts saying the hollow grind takes away from the hard use aspect. Personally, I would prefer the hollow grind, but it still cuts damn good considering how beefy it is. I had a brain fart and forgot about the no posting the name of the dealer, so they removed the original post. Sorry guys..I haven't used the forums in quite awhile and just plain forgot.
Incredible that someone would complain about the durability of a saber hollow blade with a .025"+ thick edge.

I'm glad I got mine early. I much prefer the hollow grind to the new flat grind.

Back