cold steel catalog

Reconseed: You go right ahead and say what's on your mind. Don't worry about offending me. I agree sometimes Cold Steel does like to appeal to " The broader market base"....after all the key is to make a little money too. Lynn Thompson runs a 'Go-To' organization and he is one of the few CEOs that actually does a hell-of-a-lot of training with all his products. I like the company, I like the man because like all of us he is trying...... I sort like being a ' mall ninja now and them. I still like movies like Conan the Barbarian and The 300. I read science fiction to my daughters when they were young. Every now and then it does not hurt to lay back and be totally silly. I suppose that is why I still practice with my swords.

Armydoc.... Did you get that email I sent you? It really good to hear from you. Was a bit worried.

My Best
Dwight

Mall Nijas is a good term, many of their products fit the bill. Then again, it is my opinion that many of the high end tacticals like Strider or MOD are bought by Mall Nijas who just have more money than sense.

Does price equal quality? I have a few hawks for throwing, the best one I've ever had was made by a local smith I bought for $35. I would like one for choping and hammering, I really can't see myself shelling out $300 or more.

BTW, sorry for being a dick about the mall ninja thing. I was at work when I posted it, last night sucked bad, I was in a bad mood. I do wonder why I still do security.

Mall Nijas is a good term, many of their products fit the bill. (Then again, it is my opinion that many of the high end tacticals like Strider or MOD are bought by Mall Nijas who just have more money than sense)

You got that right. Brother :D

Mall Nijas is a good term, many of their products fit the bill. Then again, it is my opinion that many of the high end tacticals like Strider or MOD are bought by Mall Nijas who just have more money than sense.

Just didnt wanna offend any of the bros on the forum. We all like blades, thats all that matters, wholistically, right?

MOD - dont get me started, I forgot about these guys!!!! Strider seems to have tough products from what I hear, though I have never owned any of their products. I own one MOD blade. Not too bad but Mall Ninja as it gets. :eek:

Well, I think his DVDs, catalogs, products, and facial expressions are all hilarious. His products would be the last I’d buy on this planet. I’d rather have a sharpened stick and a piece of obsidian than his garbage. I have owned several of his knives and none were up to par. I have two of his country classics that I took in on trade that I’m not sure what to do with. He claims his voyager will cut through a thousand or so pieces of manila rope, yeah……..right. Mine wouldn’t stay sharp long enough to skin a friggin’ squirrel! His edge geometry is a joke, and IMHO his products, marketing, and claims are a joke too. For those of you who have had good experiences with CS, good for you. Note, this is just one mans opinion, take it for what it's worth, but here is one more person who won't buy a CS product again

what about thier training videos? Are they over the top as well? I was interested in obtaining a cheap copy fo the tomahawk video on ebay...

i was very impressed with the tomahawk video. lynn is very, very skilled with weapons and this dvd shows it:thumbup:

BTW, sorry for being a dick about the mall ninja thing. I was at work when I posted it, last night sucked bad, I was in a bad mood. I do wonder why I still do security.

I heard your first post here 10-2. I hope while your 10-7 you have a few cold ones then when you 10-8 this 10-20 you'll get a good laugh over the whole thing.
People sleep and go about there business because other people in uniforms are willing to take risks for them.

OK, don't buy anything from them. Isn't that simple?

Personally, their hype doesn't affect me one way or the other, but I do enjoy owning and using some of their knives and a few other products.

He claims his voyager will cut through a thousand or so pieces of manila rope, yeah……..right. Mine wouldn’t stay sharp long enough to skin a friggin’ squirrel!

are you sure it's genuine CS? when I owned a voyager, I was showing a friend who said he had one too. only when we compared, his was a chinese knock off. dull as a butter knife.

Back