Cold Steel opinions wanted

Well there was a lot of good suggestions here and I appreciate you all taking the time to post. It is difficult to narrow it down with all these choices so I may just have to get a couple of them. I like the Ultimate Hunter (orange), the Recon 1 and the Code 4 so rather than choosing I will order all three and then figure it out from there. At less than $250 for the trio I can't go that far wrong. I will post again when they come in.

I just ordered an orange Working Man for $33 to try out the triad lock. I like the two fixed blade Cold Steel knives I already have.

Last edited:
In case Lynn is watching, here’s a vote for stiff pocket clips and knives that are difficult to close - these are excellent features imho.

I don’t need to fidget with my knife, but I do need it to stay in my pocket and stay locked open during potentially dynamic usage.

Thanks Lynn!

Hard to go wrong with the American Lawman, Recon 1, Voyager, Broken Skull or Air Lite. I have all of those, but I would really like to see the return of the Mini Recon, that was one of my favorite knives. Have a spear point in AUS8 and a Clip Point in CTS XHP.

Hard to go wrong with the American Lawman, Recon 1, Voyager, Broken Skull or Air Lite. I have all of those, but I would really like to see the return of the Mini Recon, that was one of my favorite knives. Have a spear point in AUS8 and a Clip Point in CTS XHP.

The Mini is supposed to come back in 2021. Hoping for uncoated blade and S35VN, or if not, at least AUS10.

Back