COLD STEEL SRK 3V 6"

Really?
In Europe, I believe, we have only the normal SRK in 3V.
The compact is only SK-5

While the focus here is on the SRK, why not consider the original it is based on - unless I am mistaken - the Fällkniven S1? I paid ~$130 for the VG10 version; have not put hard use on it though. Lighter use - no problems so far.

I have both the SK-5 and 3V versions.
The SK-5 version is hollowground saber. The 3V is flat ground saber.
The point on the SK-5 version is needle-like. Partly because of the flat grind, the point of the 3V version is much more robust, though it is still "plenty pointy". (I may copyright that phrase. It's got a nice ring to it.)

If I wanted a weapon which would slice and pierce, I might promote the SK5 version. For a survival knife, I'd be more interested in the 3V version. The 3V version weighs more, but with the flat grind I think it would be more suitable for "stuff".

dayhcXh.jpg
Greetings. What’s your opinion on the VG10 knife as an everyday utility knife? 3V is obviously king, but between VG and SK5, I think I would prefer SK5 as a dependable carbon steel knife. Been quite happy with my SK5 SRK for a while now.

Just my opinion of course, but I’d prefer VG10 on medium sized folding knives.

While the focus here is on the SRK, why not consider the original it is based on - unless I am mistaken - the Fällkniven S1? I paid ~$130 for the VG10 version; have not put hard use on it though. Lighter use - no problems so far.
IIRC, the SRK precedes the Fallkniven. The A1 I had was chippy, but I admit to not spending the time to sharpen past the possibly heat affected edge. Fallkniven was a Cold Steel distributor before having their designs made in the same facilities CS used.

How long ago did you buy it? New, the Falk S1 runs about $175-190ish these days in VG10, where the SRK 3v is about $100 and sometimes even less if you catch a good sale on Larry Potterfield’s retail site.

So it costs about 60% of the Falkniven while offering a better steel. I love my Falkniven but the value of the SRK is pretty unbeatable.

Reactions: TC
How long ago did you buy it? New, the Falk S1 runs about $175-190ish these days in VG10, where the SRK 3v is about $100 and sometimes even less if you catch a good sale on Larry Potterfield’s retail site.

So it costs about 60% of the Falkniven while offering a better steel. I love my Falkniven but the value of the SRK is pretty unbeatable.

I bought mine about 10 years ago... and it was discounted, so I'll admit my argument wasn't all that good. (I blame too many beers last night.)

the Fällkniven were improved…

Here in Germany a SRK 3V cost min 189€ normally 239€.

A S1 VG10W I can get for 148€,
a S1X 184€ and a
S1 PRO for 215€.
So price is relativ :)

They are both are also very different in performance.
Different thickness, different grind, different steels, different Blade length,
Only the look is a bit similar with the „rubber“ handle.

Sometimes SRK is better, but most times the S1, best option for moist environments…

I love them booth

Back