Cold Steel Warranty Service

Greetings fellow knife collectors,

I decided to take the recommendation of the Cold Steel Warranty Department and send in two of my favorite Cold Steel knives for repair or replacement.

The first one is my Cold Steel Titanium TI Lite. The other one is my Cold Steel Scimitar with a plain edge.

I carefully wrapped them up, and shipped them insured costing me around $20.00.

After a few months and many phone calls I finally received them back. Both knives were never used or sharpened but had been carried and had significant blade play and made a rattling sound when opened. It looked like the internal screws had come loose that holds the liner lock in place and not wanting to void the warranty, the person at Cold Steel reassured me they would be tuned up and returned as good as if they were new.

I finally received them back and it looked like they were thrown in the bottom of a large box with some shipping paper just thrown on top of them. Almost all the screws on the Cold Steel Scimitar are stripped so bad I will have to drill them out. It appears that the only thing that was done was tighten up the pivots and stripped out the screws. The TI-Light has a messed up handle with marks that look like someone tried to use a screwdriver to bend the liner lock out. I have tried to reach out to them but so far the only thing they have offered is a 40% off MSRP if I buy something from their website. If I buy a Cold Steel knife almost anyware else like Wal-Mart. I can get the same price or less without using a coupon.

Do any of you fellow knife collectors have any suggestions on how I might get some kind of remedy or solution to having wasted my time and money by trusting that Cold Steel would treat a customer with just a little respect

Thank you for any suggestions. As you can imagine I am quite upset with this whole situation with Cold Steel.

Last edited:
No suggestions, but I would be quite upset as well. Hopefully the Cold Steel mod sees this and makes things right for you, sorry you have to deal with that.

I don't blame you for being upset, that sounds like a pretty poor CS job.

I'm surprised to hear that. I hope Lynn or his moderator on the CS forum here picks up on this.

Doesn't sound very confidence inspiring for sure. Hopefully it was a big one time mistake, but it might just be a symptom of warranty work from a company that doesn't actually manufacture the product they sell. Hopefully they will get you sorted out.

The ONLY good thing I ever hear about US production knife company service departments is, "They gave me a brand new knife!" Your knives were not manufactured in Ventura, Ca. This is not W&C, I'll stop here.

This one sends a chill down my spine. I sent my Titanium TI Lite in for blade play and a new edge a couple of months ago, and whoever worked on it did a great job. Then they wrapped it in a thick layer of bubble wrap, taped it like a mummy, and put it in a bubble wrap envelope back to me. I would be extremely upset to get prized blades buggered up in that manner, especially when there is no hope of straight-ahead replacement on a discontinued model. I have my fingers crossed for you to get some help here on this.

I have a Rajah 1 ...discontinued and hard to find in perfect condition.Except blade is terribly centered.I was going to send it in.I think I may just leave it how it is now.

I'm sorry to hear this.
As you know, I am not a member of the customer services team, I work for a completely different department, so I had to reach out to them for more info.
Apparently there are several employees, including the Customer Service Manager dealing with this specific case.
It's in good hands.
As always, the fastest and easiest way to reach our team is toll-free at (800) 255-4716
Talk to one of our crew if you have any problems at all. They are here to help.

Thanks

I sent my code 4 in to remove vertical blade play and it came back perfect, but the return packaging was identical to the OPs

I'm sorry to hear this.
As you know, I am not a member of the customer services team, I work for a completely different department, so I had to reach out to them for more info.
Apparently there are several employees, including the Customer Service Manager dealing with this specific case.
It's in good hands.
As always, the fastest and easiest way to reach our team is toll-free at (800) 255-4716
Talk to one of our crew if you have any problems at all. They are here to help.

Thanks

Great to see CS making this right.

I was asking once for spare backspacer for Recon1 and they can't send it to me. Kinda sad.

I was asking once for spare backspacer for Recon1 and they can't send it to me.

We do not send out replacement parts (with the exception of pocket clips). We do however, have a warranty, repair and re-sharpening service.
You can always ship the knife to us for evaluation, repair and a touch up.
Call our crew for more details
(800) 255-4716

I was asking once for spare backspacer for Recon1 and they can't send it to me. Kinda sad.

We do not send out replacement parts (with the exception of pocket clips). We do however, have a warranty, repair and re-sharpening service.
You can always ship the knife to us for evaluation, repair and a touch up.
Call our crew for more details
(800) 255-4716

It shows he is from Central Europe.The shipping might cost more than the knife did :D

Simple. You can't help so much witch such politics if customer is outside USA. Anyway, CS make nice knives, but customer service is poor in comparison with other brand with butterfly on blades - they're sending replacement parts.

Sadly I can't help
Send our team an email (customerservice@coldsteel.com) maybe they will have other advice or be able to offer a solution.

I did it few months ago twice without response. Contacted via facebook and they told me the same as you. I feel sorry and sad too, it puts a little shadow on CS even if your folding knives are in my favourites.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll make sure Customer Services respond.
However, I'm not sure they will be able to help with this particular problem

Back