Cold Steel's new use of the "American Tomahawk Company" name

This is appalling! In the past 12 months, I've bought perhaps $3000 worth of Cold Steel products. I guess I won't be buying any more.

What a low tactic!

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. Of course, I think that's assuming a good imitation, and not a cheap, POS, knock-off. As others have said, Andy and ATC are truly pushing the envelop in the tomahawk world by putting out some simply mythic products. I had never seen one of your hawks up close and personal until Capt. Davidson received his. Previously I've only seen the previously mention cheap knock-offs. Your hawks are absolutely amazing, almost unbelievable. Though I don't yet own one myself, a tactical RR, or perhaps a tactical Lagana, is definitely on my short list.

If there is anything I can do to support you in your fight, simply say the word.

As a consumer, Cold Steel is now banned from my acceptable products list and I will encourage others I know to the same opinion.

Hang in there Andy,

As you know we featured your hawks in one of our videos and during the filming, used them daily for two very demanding weeks. Since that filming the ATC hawk has been on all of our trips. The quality and function is second to none. My ATC stays in my vehicle survival kit when it is not in the field... Ya never know when ya might need to cut open a wreck.

No one who has held one of your pieces will ever confuse the two. Our support is behind you.

Ron

It seems to me based on CS's new product names that they are trying to play the name recognition game on several of their products. Too bad they have to ride on everyone else's coat tails. That's just one more reason for me to not only not buy their products but also to discourage all my friends from buying their products.

Regards,

Tom Carey

Is CS selling hawks with the name "american tomahawk company" that are made in Taiwan?

btw i am hatching secret plans to put CS out of business :)

Unfortunately it was only a matter of time before Cold Steel recognized ATC, it's value and unbeatable reputation in the industry! POS companies ALWAYS jump on the band wagon when they feel they can get a free ride. It is rather entertaining that Cold Steel would slap on a 'Kindergarten' label on a wanta-be hawk made overseas and CLAIM it was an ATC original. If anything, ATC should be flattered! :) For Cold Steel to have attempted to pass of a POS hawk as an ATC original is humorous beyond belief. Keep up the good work Andy and Justin... it's rare to see a company these days with ethics, integrity and honor, all of which the both of you and ATC in general have displayed with pride. Let the bastards hang themselves, as they surely are on the way!

Kick a$$ and best regards,
Island Cher

Andy,
No I don't own a 'hawk. But if it'll help I'll buy one of yours!
I can't imagine the nerve it takes CS to market like that. Shameless!
Go get 'em.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have much from cs but that will end just had a bad dealing with
them.I think it is shamefuly that they would call crap made in tawain
atc. but what do you expect from them...........

O ne knife store I visited said that CS has a very bad habit of thinking with their testosterone.

Well, I've seen people light the torches and storm the castle too often with too little info on the internet to quite join the CS detractors yet. However, if this is true as currently laid out above, it's the kind of thing I would like to see in the General forum, since it's of industry-wide interest and involves a very popular knife company, and is a miserable story. I'm speaking strictly as an individual here and not as a moderator, and hopefully the General mods won't get irritated with me for the suggestion, but I do think this deserves wider visibility once you're ready.

Joe

Give'em hell Andy I've owned both and my ranger
'hawk will chop a cold steel 'hawk in two and it throws a hell of alot better too. Bottom line: ATC kicks ass and it's the only 'hawk you'll ever see in my sash my black headrag is off to ya. One more thing I will add is your 'hawk is also more historically accurate in both appearence & manafacture....I don't really think folks frontier
used 'hawks made in taiwan:D Keep up the good work (D)

Yes, TM laws are not easy to deal with, however there is some clarity in the "Abandonment" part of the law. If CS has not used the mark continuously with the past 3 years they have probably given up their common law or TM rights to the brand. Token sales, ie. 1 here 2-3 there do not hold up in court. There are exceptions, but it does look like (on the surface, of course) that CS will not prevail. Time will tell.....

Hummm.... A controversy involving Lynn Thompson and Cold Steel? Next thing you know he will be making things in China and marking them made somewhere else.... heheheheheheh

I will be in China in October BTW (cough cough, gag gag)
Love ya man!

Andy, hang tough!

I agree with JoeT, this belongs on General so that nobody will miss this.

..of whether you are over the target, is whether or not you are drawing flak.

I've enjoyed some of ColdSteel's knives, BUT there are REASONS why I carry YOUR tomahawk! (Ask Brian Jones... he knows 100%)

Take'em down Andy!

>RadioRay ..._ ._

Back