Cold Steel's new use of the "American Tomahawk Company" name

To my knowledge, Cold Steel has not ceased using the labels.

There are no developments to report regarding the legal issues at this time, other than:

1) CS Attorney has not contacted or responded to this office after our written statement submitted to same of 25 March.

2) ATC has prepared all of the necessary documentation and research to justify its lawful use of the mark licensed to it by Mr. LaGana, namely "American Tomahawk Company".

3) Mr. LaGana is equally exploring his personal options regarding Cold Steel's unauthorized use of his personal name and brand name in the past.

There are no changes to report since my last post, other than Peter's most unfortunate passing.

Bringing this thread back up to add that I was at the Wolverine Custom Knife Show this past weekend.

What did I find but several of the Taiwanese knock-off "ATC"s.

I was standing by the table when the table's owner came over. "Interested in one of those American Tomahawks?"

"This isn't a real American Tomahawk Company tomahawk. It's a cheap piece of sh!t knock-off from overseas. Why would I want one of those pieces of crap?"

The silent pause around us was palpable... I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Just wanted to let you know that while I don't have a `hawk yet, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Nor am I willing to let others know what's what. :)

Any recent news on this front?

WOW. Thanks for your post Don.

Yes, there is an update.

We have a tenative agreement pending the execution of some documents that are reportedly inbound to my office.

The agreement includes the cessation of Cold Steel's use of the label.

When the deal is done, I will make an announcement.

Thanks again.

Sort of knew this would probably end up this way. (see my post above)

Sorry to hear of it though.

Hey DonL...

Obviously I missed a table somewhere.....

Last year I found knock off mini SOG Switch Pliers....
Exactly like the Switch plier,,but about 1/3 the size...

Sorry I missed you at the show Don..

ttyle

Eric...

Eric, you're nuts. We did meet, except now that I think about it, I didn't introduce myself by the forum name or the Official Forum Handshake. :D

I'd stopped you and said, "Hey, you're that Normark guy. I love the sheath you did for my Mountaineer, when are you going to pick up some of the new Busses?" Or something like that. :)

The table in question was, walking in the hall door, on the right side, a row or two back from the concession stand, and on the side of the aisle facing the concession stand. The guy had three of them on his table, which was also jumbled up with alot of other, politely speaking, "stuff".

Frankly, I can see how some people would be confused by the number of different `hawks that are available. The design differences are usually subtle, as are the material, at least to the eye. Between the ones at the knife show and at the Antique Arms Collector show in the next hall, the only only really nice `hawks I saw were some hand-forged and fitted, time-period-correct examples custom made by a fella in, IIRC, Indiana. I didn't notice much more than these in particular. As for the wannabe-`hawks, the real proof is in the performance, where an ATC would leave the others sucking on hind-t!t.

I was at a gun show this weekend and this guy had cold steel hawks on his table, they said american tomahawk company, I told my friend it was a ripoff of the real company, he was forien and got upset, He asked if I had one and I said no and that I needed something tough and he was like, Oh oh yes I understand, hahahah I thought it was funny that he agreed i needed something tougher..:D

Yes indeed.

Cold Steel and American Tomahawk have a tentative agreement under mutual review at this very moment.

There are still some details to iron out, but we have made progress over the past few months on this issue, and we hope to see it resolved.

Andy;
My uncle handed me down a Vietnam era 'hawk, and I carried your modern day version to various theatres recently. Thanks for a fine product that lives up to the original's reputation!

Back