Commemorating Horror and Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

malleus

BANNED
Tirpitz, Leopard tanks, Che?
Bokers are fine knives, no doubt about it, but the current advertising ploy of bringing back old names from the Nazi and Cold war eras is a little disturbing.

The Tirpitz and Leopard were Nazi symbols of might, and the determination of that truly, that original, evil empire to rule the world.

Hey, got to be some of the old concentration camp ovens still around, how about making some damascus out of that and presenting us with a Buchenwald commemorative?

A new knife named for Che? Here is a link for the few remaining useful idiots that thinks that this is a good idea:
http://www.therealcuba.com/MurderedbyChe.htm

My suggestion for a follow-up: The Stalin knife, celebrating the mass extermination and relocation of millions of Russians during Stalin's first five year plan in the 1920s.

And while I am at it... the Swiss Dagger? Pure Nazi SA SS, as noted by a poster in that recent thread.

National pride is a good thing, if kept to below the standards established by Adolph Hitler, and the German people do have plenty to be proud of. But man, you folks at Boker are going overboard. I find it very distastefull.

In all the horrible things going on around the world, names of a few knives disturb you?
You see it that way because you want to see it like that. Its like saying all US army helicopters having indians names is wrong. And i seriously doubt Boker was using Nazi names. I would say its just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Leopard is a tank serie from the sixties (to modern times), NOT a WWII design.

Tirpitz ship was a huge expensive ship that spent most of the war hidden in Norwegian fjord not firing a shot before being sunk, more a, somewhat laughable, curiosity then a blazing symbol of Nazism.
As for Tirpitz himself, he was rather a WWI guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_von_Tirpitz

As for Che, I'm still wondering if the name is actually related to Guevara or if it is only meant as a phonetic thing since I hardly see any relation between both.

Agree "swiss dagger" is bad taste, even if the "Holbein dagger" is pretty old, could have lived without this one.

I think Marcus Balbach used the steels recouperated from the Tirpitz and Leopold because these steels were restricted and no data was and is available about there composition.

I highly doubt mr. Balbach or Boker are into nazi gloryfieng ... They just wanted to experiment with the steels .

Next to that my grand parents mothers side especially were hunted in WO2 but that does not give me reason to pick on the germans now.... The germans are professional and polite imo and refrain themselves from the past.

I think this subforum is about knives and NOT about politics. If you have problems with these models; don't buy them.

And the "nazi -dagger" is actually a swiss dagger already made in that form in 15/16 century so i would not blame the knive pattern to 1933-1945 area.

:(

It's called Che because of the revolutionary opening-system of the knive! Mostly people hear Che and think about a revolution! Thats the cause!

The Leopard tank can hardly be considered a "Nazi" symbol, as it was(is) a post-war battle tank.

The Swiss dagger was already around in the 15th century.

Anyway, if you think these knives are bad taste, nobody forces you to buy them.

Kind regards,

Jos

Aside from the obvious inaccuracies mentioned previously, I would just like to say one thing.

I love SS knives.

Now, is that stainless steel knives, or Schutzstaffen knives?

It's called Che because of the revolutionary opening-system of the knive! Mostly people hear Che and think about a revolution! Thats the cause!
Ho well, using the name doesn't mean endorsment.

No one called Busse satanist when they sold their Hell Razor.

Why let good steel go to waste? The steel from those guns must be RIDICULOUS!!!! Doesn't make 'em Nazis. No more than naming a knife "Kalashnikov" makes 'em a bunch of Commies.

I like the idea of having a knife made from a ship that symbolized how idiotic Adolph was with his military tactics. I'm Polish by family heritage, and if I had such a knife, I'd talk about it fondly as a tribute to such a screw-up on their part

That being said, if a knife were made in tribute to Erwin Rommel, I'd frame it right over this desk. Hitler and Germany's greatest general and leader...Who disobeyed every order that pertained to the Holocaust behind the scenes. His motto? Krieg en hasse. War without hate. He was a brutal tactical leader, but he treated his POWs admirably, refused every order involving the Final Solution. I hate the entire WW2 affair for the evil in it, but I have to admit there was that one Nazi I admire.

Getting back on topic. Unless I see swastikas or SS skulls, any connections from names just comes from the fact it's a German company. Obviously I wouldn't like an assisted-opener called the 'Blitzkrieg', but I can't look at a language with scorn for a short bit of history.

Lol, let's boycott katanas because the so-called samurais(read:bandits) perfectionized their technique with living persons... Oh wait, why not go a step further and forbid the whole knife industry. Finally we should boycott all food products, for they contributes to obesitas.

National pride is a good thing, if kept to below the standards established by Adolph Hitler, and the German people do have plenty to be proud of. But man, you folks at Boker are going overboard. I find it very distastefull.

Have you contacted Boker directly to voice these concerns? If so, what did they say?

Sounds like this Malleus guy is looking to get a rise out of people.

I don't think any of bokers knives have anything to do with nazism and making that connection just because they are a German company is alittle racist of you.
Its like saying all blacks are gang bangers because of a few or that all Christians are murders because of the crusades 100's of years ago.

it is posts like malleus's that keep me coming back for more.good stuff.can we just talk about knives for a while?

Aloha malleus,

Um...yeah.

Hey ya wanna see true commemoration of Horror and Evil, cripes, you should see the higher ups and admin we got at our facility!!!:eek:

God bless:cool:

Another ridiculous post by the uninformed...gotta love the gullible "politically correct" propaganda believing sheep.

By the way is the Taliban still making those "axis of evil" daggers? I gotta get me one for the fourth of July!

Last edited:
I normally dont visit this forum. But I would have never clicked on the thread without seeing such a rediclious title.

I had no idea that knife existed before this thread, and after reading up on it from the Boker website I am really thinking about getting one.

It will go well with the rest of my collection. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back