Comprehensive List of Machete Manufacturers?

Thanks Pict! You're a wealth of knowledge as always! Added them to the list. Once I get the chance I'll try to reorganize it so the companies are all in alphabetical order. :)

List reorganized in alphabetical order. Anyone have more or websites I don't have linked yet? :)

Just got a Pajarita 22" panga machete, made in Spain. Also marked Inmaher, SL. The blade is only stamped "Made in Spain" and there's a stylized "pajarita" or paper bird logo. La Pajarita Agricultural Tools, a firm established in 1940 and export leader since 1979, is the largest sickles producer in Europe...
logo.png

They may only make the one pattern.

In another thread, someone posted a picture of a Mondial marked machete.

I looked at Tramontina and came up with their line of high end stainless steel pots and pans .Looks like All-Clad, laminated. Chop the rabbit and cook it in the pot !

FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades Hey Benjamin, @Fiddleback Forge makes as good of a quality machete any on the market and they come in 12" and 16". There are a number of reviews on them out there and can be purchased at some great USA dealers.

www.fiddlebackforge.com

Fiddleback's machetes are made by Imacasa/Condor, then ground and handled here in the 'States. :)

(Also this is a nearly 8 year old thread.)

Bump, Machete thread :D

Imacasa , I agree are my favorite.

Tramantina dont have the light thin tapered blades, more of a thicker heavier wood chopper....

I Just got a couple Hansas also and like them, Tappered thin blades also. I hope more Hansas types get imported and back in stock

Found a 18" Incolma / Gavilan / Corneta I might order...

Anyone know if these Gavilan / Corneta are thin tapered blades or more thick heavy type?

Last edited:
Lots of mixing of brands and manufacturers here. For instance, Aguila (Eagle)/Corneta is a GEBR Weyersberg brand started (1890s) and made in Germany. Imacasa, Incolma, and Promedoca were all licensed by Weyersberg to produce Corneta brand (La Marca) machetes starting in the 1960s. Prior to 1960 Corneta brand machetes were made in Germany and exported to Latin American countries.

Gavilan (Hawk) is a brand, made by Incolma (Industria Colombia Machetes Alemania), who also made Corneta, and Colima brands. Prior to 1960 they were Industria Colombia Herramientas South America and were licenced to make Legitimus Collins and the Collins & Co. brand Plymouth. Shortly after the demise of Collins they made Stanley (took over Collins machete line) brand machetes before restructuring with GEBR Weyersberg.

Last edited:
Bump, Machete thread :D

Imacasa , I agree are my favorite.

Tramantina dont have the light thin tapered blades, more of a thicker heavier wood chopper....

I Just got a couple Hansas also and like them, Tappered thin blades also. I hope more Hansas types get imported and back in stock

Found a 18" Incolma / Gavilan / Corneta I might order...

Anyone know if these Gavilan / Corneta are thin tapered blades or more thick heavy type?

Gavilans and Cornetas have thin blades with a distal taper.

Back